Builder

Re: [Chat] Physical Health Affecting our Mental Health

Time for question 4!

Are there other things that can affect our mental health? Or does exercise cure everything. What are some other things that can affect our mental health?
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Super star contributor

I think I might have to go for a while, stupid housemate yelling at me for not agreeing to do something with them

Community Manager

@j95 oh yeah i knew that... and then forgot. 

@loves netball thanks heaps for your contributions!!!! And your support elsewhere on the forums too. Legend. 

Mod

thank you for joining us @loves netball!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

Hey guys, I've got to dissapear(honestly, what is spelling?) for a bit but I will be back! Probably... Smiley Tongue

See you around! Smiley Happy
Builder

Things that can affect mental health...

SLEEP 

I read somewhere that adults need 7-9 hours sleep per night. So if you aren't getting a decent sleep, it's something to look into changing as it's very important for our wellbeing

FOOD

We only get one body, and when we eat good food our body smiles. I always find that if I'm sitting on the couch eating crap food I either, feel really bad after, or it amplifies my already bad mood,  sometimes I feel ok because of course treats are fine. But if I'm eating healthy, I generally have a little bit more of bounce in my step. 

Theres definitely heaps more, I'm looking forward to hearing from others 

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

Are there other things that can affect our mental health? Or does exercise cure everything? What are some other things that can affect our mental health?

If only.....we'd all the fittest human beings ever!

The people around us can help us feel better or worse. The weather (oh gosh). How much we sleep, how much we socialize, how many memes we read. So many things!

Funny things help us too! So here we go, a relevant but totally not, gif:

Image result for exercise gifs

Builder

4. Are there other things that can affect our mental health? Or does exercise cure everything. What are some other things that can affect our mental health?

Our social health can affect our mental health because most people need at least some interaction with others and if that isn't there it could have a negative impact on them.  Diet can also have an impact, I believe that putting the right fuel in your body increases your mood.  Also physical appearance can also have a big impact on our mental and social health.

Builder

@FootyFan26 yessss social interaction! There have been times where I have felt really bad so stayed home for days at time, not really interacting with anyone and that was pretty unhelpful and really only extended the shitty feels
Community Manager

Are there other things that can affect our mental health? Or does exercise cure everything. What are some other things that can affect our mental health?

Exercise sure doesn't cure everything. There's soooo many things that can affect our mental health. We do a lot of sutff with our brains and so there's a lot of things that can have an impact on the health of our brains. 

I think one i'd add to the list is the past experiences we have had and the things we do to deal with those experiences. 

Top High Fived Authors