Builder

Re: [Chat] Physical Health Affecting our Mental Health

I excersise a lot, every single day and struggle if I go a day without it, I notice some things happening that aren't so great if i don't excersise, even a short walk is better than nothing
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

better than nothing but not enough Smiley Tongue
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

Are you someone who exercises a little lots, a lot a little or just not very often at all?

I exercise maybe once or twice a week, more if I'm feeling stressed/angry and need that release. I would like to start exercising more frequently and doing different things though...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

Are you someone who exercises a little lots, a lot a little or just not very often at all?

I don't really exercise or go to the gym or anything.  I play sport during footy season but during the off season I just try to watch my diet to keep fit.

@RevzZ I like that way of thinking, really opens everything up.  And take care tonight.

Community Manager

I exercise a little lots. It took me a loooong time to get into the habit of that but holy crap now that i do it's made a huge difference for me. 

I'm with you @j95 in that i notice not so great things when I don't at least do a little bit of exercise each day. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stuff that's happening on the forums:
Builder

[ Edited ]

Just to catch up:

Favourite exercise:
Soccer, badminton, hockey, any sport really
least favourite:
Swimming - a bit repetitive.

I agree with everyone about endorphins helping us feel better for Q2.

FOr Q3 about mental health affecting physical health, I think it making us less motivated and feeling drained. Then we don't end up doing anything.

Q4 - Other things affecting our mental health include food, sleep, social aspects of life and how connected we are with ourself (acceptance).

Q5 - Do I exercise much: Ha, not anymore!
I used to be what was considered an 'elite athlete', but still play a number of sports now. I know that I feel better when I exercise and keep busy, so try to sign up for everything.

So now, i'd say I exercise a lot a little (not that little) which isn't as effective as little bits more frequently.

Super star contributor

I'm back Smiley Tongue

I got made to go shoot hoops

Builder

I don't really get the chance to go out and exercise by myself so I feel like that is a big factor on why I don't exercise.
Mod

It's time for me to leave for tonight. Good night guys! Thanks for the chat Smiley Happy
Builder

Yeah, having someone to exercise with @FootyFan26, can make a huge difference!
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count