Mod

Re: [Chat] WTF is Mindfulness?

WTF is mindfulness?

Being aware of your thoughts and surroundings whilst also being able to focus on the task at hand. Not only that, but being aware of your actions and how they affect other people around you and the environment.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Mod

So being in the moment! Not thinking about anything but the task at hand.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Mod

@j95 haha I feel you there. I don't think I can do it very well, but it's hard to explain.
Mod

That's okay @j95, I have trouble putting it in words as well.

Post Mod

I googled it sorry, Mindfulness is: 

a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.

I think it is something that most of us almost never think about. No wonder we're often so busy and uneasy. 

Community Manager

@N1ghtW1ng i can't even spell in English most of the time pretty much doomed as far as German goes... 

@j95 it's tricky to explain isn't it! Can you describe it in terms of how it feels? 

Post Mod

@Ben-RO oh lord Ben, I am the definition of NOT MINDFUL 

Builder

Is it like being aware of your feelings and your body at the present moment?
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

@Ben-RO actually your sleeping point is pretty interesting, because in a way mindfulness is all about being still and calm and that's kind of what sleep can be like. While your sleeping, you're not thinking about the past or future or your feelings or thoughts or anything. You're just there in the moment, although you're not aware of it Smiley Tongue
Community Manager

Yeah but does that mean you're there at all @N1ghtW1ng

Top High Fived Authors