Builder

Re: [Chat] WTF is Mindfulness?

Ah sorry! Got distracted!

Usual ways could be using apps, unusual ways could be listening to music or doing sport alone
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

.. what are some usual and unsusal things you have used or heard of someone using to be mindful?
Hey guys, sorry im late.
Tbh this is the first time I've heard of mindfulness, so i haven't heard of usual or unusual thing people do to achieve mindfulness.
But from what i think it is the it wouldn't be sleepingas sleeping is an altered state of consciousness and you have no control over what comes into your mind so you may not focus on the now, but anything really.
Community Manager

Hey @PeanutJelly148!

@Glass_half_full @j95 @stonepixie

I think we all got a bit distracted at the same time lol 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stuff that's happening on the forums:
Mod

Welcome to the party @PeanutJelly148

Better late than never. Smiley Tongue Or ... or ... you're not late, everyone else was simply early. Smiley Tongue Smiley Tongue Smiley Tongue

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Mod

Unusual:

Probably have to be the weird ways of meditating

Usual:

Yoga
Nature
Art and Craft

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Builder

Depending on the individual, what ever mindfulness technique works for them can be completely normal. As long as its safe... but yeah, if the individual thinks it works that fine.
Haha. Princess diaries quote. "The queen is never late, everyone else is simply early." Haha. That reminded me of that @stonepixie
Community Manager

Hmm, time for the next Q! I think we're all getting a bit sleepy Smiley Tongue 

Do you use any technology to help with mindfulness? If so, what do you use? Any apps?

Mod

Hahahah. That is where I got the idea from, @PeanutJelly148

Mod

I actually use sudoku on my phone, calms me right down and I death stare anyone who even remotely tries to distract me.

I also have breath2relax for when I am so worked up and have trouble focusing on my breathing.

Community Manager

I love Smiling mind and Headspace

I sometimes use http://rainymood.com/ because I can just listen to the awesome rain sounds and that's enough to help me focus on the moment. 

Oh and I just set a reminder on my Calendar in the morning that says: " Dude, don't forget mindfulness." 

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count