Mod

Re: Following through on our resolutions

Hey everyone!

What are some new years resolutions you have made in the past?

To be honest, I've never really understood this whole new years resolutions thing. Why wait until the new year to start something? But then again, I never grew up around the culture of new years resolutions.

This is generally my approach to people who wait til the 1st of January to start something ...

resolutions

Perhaps you guys might be able to change my mind about this.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Community Manager

Good point @May_ seems like new years resolutions are all about improving in some way shape or form. Or perhaps solving something that we see as a problem in our lives. 

Although @loves netball i do note that for you it was a very tough time. We're glad you're still here and working on those skills to stay safe and work towards recovery. 

Mod

2. Have you ever successfully completed a new years resolution? What resolutions worked/didn't work? What was it or how did you make sure you did it? 

I don't know if I have because I often make them too vague! I've come close to completing my reading goals but I think I set the bar too high...

So I think it's really important to make sure your goals are specific, measurable and achievable! I often feel embarrassed setting really 'easy' resolutions but I think it is key to being successful!

Mod

Have you ever successfully completed a new years resolution? What resolutions worked/didn't work? What was it or how did you make sure you did it? 

I repayed my mum $5500 for my car and that one of the NY resolutions I actually stuck to.

Being in debt feels really uncomfortable for me so it was all about staying focused on saving to get away from that discomfort.

Mod

Hey @stonepixie! haha...well I'm not sure but I often feel more inspired and refreshed when the new year is approaching, hence I tend to set more goals. It's the time of the year that I get things done that I haven't had time to do during the year. Do you get that feeling at all?
Community Manager

I feel like if i answer how i did it, I won't have a good answer for the next question Smiley Tongue 

Mod

that's a huge achievement @StarLord Smiley Happy
Mod

Hey all!! Just a heads up, I'm on mobile and hungry so typos be damned! Smiley Tongue Although I'm such a perfectionist there probably won't be any Smiley Very Happy

I'm not the kind of person to make resolutions. Mainly because they're basically a goal and a new year isn't going to change my lack of wanting to change.
Super star contributor

@Ben-RO I could tell everyone how to get fitter, just come hang out with me for a week LOL

Mod

I'm late but I'm here!! Had to drive to get dinner. Sorry, going to jump into the party now!! Smiley Indifferent

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Top High Fived Authors