Mod

Re: Following through on our resolutions

hey @letitgo! Smiley Very Happy
Mod

Next question....

In the past, what do you think contributed to you following through/not following through on your resolutions?

Mod

Some New Year's Resolutions I've made in the past... honestly, I don't think I could name any specific one. I tend to set myself general aims e.g. eat healthily/get fit, and then can't/ don't measure the outcomes... 

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

I wish @May_

Mine is more or less "Same shit, different year". But I just do things when I have the inspiration / energy.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Mod

Nice job on sticking to the tim tam resolution @loves netball - that chocolate-y goodness is hard to resist!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Super star contributor

@letitgo I had to stop because the whole packet would be gone in two days, but I resorted to just blocks of chocolate. So I limit the times I buy chocolate and just make my own sweets because I love baking anyway. And now that I've stopped the tim tams I don't seem to want them anymore

Mod

Looking back at what I ticked off and what I didn't do with my 2016, the things I did achieve were the things that I really wanted to happen.
Wanting it bad helps.
Also being really specific and REALISTIC.

Like one of my goals was to go to the gym every day. Guess who got burnt out doing that? Lasted a couple of months but I did maintain tracking the whole year so I'm looking forward to analysing the numbers and challenging myself to do better next year .... nerdy I know...
Mod

excited to hear your answer for this one @Ben-RO! Smiley Very Happy
Mod

Hey @May_!

I'd say one thing that could/would contribute would be how specific the resolutions are, and how realistic. e.g. I did set myself one to keep a diary, ideally every day. That falls under the umbrella resolution to write more.I haven't written in the diary every day, but I'd say I've made it at least once a week and the commitment to my writing has made me a lot happier.

Long story short, I'd say it's best to be specific and realistic. Smiley Very Happy

Mod

yeah that's really true @StarLord I guess it does come down to wanting something more than you want to alternative (Eg going to the gym vs watching netflix and youtube in bed)
Top High Fived Authors