Community Manager

Re: Following through on our resolutions

Well, L-sits are easy to pracitce! Maybe you can do a Marathon AND do an L-sit with all the goal setting and attaining skills you'll get tonight! At least if you'd like to Smiley Happy 

Super star contributor

I think I just set one too difficult to achieve...   but maybe I should actually do it; gives me a purpose in life

Mod

Do you think you have set resolutions in the past that are too difficult to achieve?

definite yes to this one. In regards to fitness, I went on the treadmill today. Only for 25 minutes but I was super proud of my self anyway!

But if I were to set myself a goal of, say, becoming a weightlifter, I'd be dreaming. I'm not built for that kind of thing, and that's okay.

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Community Manager

You've done long distance before right @loves netball i reckon you could do it! Maybe it's just a question of how much time, and the type of chunks you need to think about? 

Mod

Do you think you have set resolutions in the past that are too difficult to achieve?

Yep. I think I can speak for everyone where we plan to write an essay in small chunks but end up having an "all-nighter" Smiley Tongue

Mod

Yes I think I have pretty high standards for myself so I don't want to set goals that I think are too easy. But then when I set the bar too high I often end up giving up! So I gotta make some SMART goals Smiley Tongue 

Mod

25 minutes is ages! I retract my "I have high standards" comment after reading that haha @letitgo Smiley Very Happy
Super star contributor

Yeah sure @Ben-RO I'm only doubling the distance I can run Smiley Surprised

If I'm doing this, then you have to keep me motivated every week till next October!!

Mod

Sleep is beckoning to me, so I shall bid you all farewell for tonight. Thank you for a lovely conversation!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Super star contributor

I agree with @May_, 25 minutes on a treadmill is boring for me, @letitgo try outside, so much easier

Top High Fived Authors