Mod

Re: Following through on our resolutions

Hm okay thanks @RevzZ and @May_

My resolutions for 2017 are to get a research paper published, learn to play a musical instrument (violin or piano) and get a job!

Super star contributor

@Ben-RO right, now I'm having a laughing fit

Mod

[ Edited ]

Hey @loves netball, thats a great resolution! I hope we can help you work towards that here on Reachout! We will be your cheer squad!!

Also running a marathon is epic!! I remember you talked about it a few months ago I think, under 90 minutes as well! Even being in a place where you can contemplate and set such a goal is pretty amazing!

Mod

Have I set unrealistic resolutions? - Yes definitely. I think we all have. To spin it to a positive though, we learn from our mistakes and it helps us practice goal setting and resilience and learn how to set more realistic goals. 

What are my resolutions for 2017? 

I actually haven't made any specific ones yet. I'm probably jumping into stuff that's been talked about earlier, but a psychologist youtuber I like watching says she doesn't set new year resolutions and doesn't believe in them because they can be big and vague and lofty and we inevitably fall short and feel bad about ourselves. I can definitely relate to that and I try not to make big resolutions these days either. That isn't  to say that we can't set goals or aim for things. We absolutely should. Something she suggested last year which I like is setting weekly goals or something like that which works for you. 

Mod

@loves netball that's really awesome! Smiley Happy

What will your resolutions be for 2017?

• To save a certain amount of money
  • To balance work/uni/life (totes not a SMART goal)
  • To get HDs in my psych subjects at uni
  • To continue using my bullet journal for things that help me with positivity (Eg thankful for lists)
  • To make more time for other people (friends, family, etc)
  • To consume less
Mod

I like the idea of weekly goals @Randomness! I've been loving the thread someone made about that on RO
Mod

[ Edited ]

Omg HEY @Randomness 

What you said about resolutions really resonates with me!! I think that's why I set goals rather than confine myself to a year - especially because sometimes things don't work out and they get delayed etc or life just gets in the way! 

Mod

Wow those are some hardcore goals @May_, I like it!

Mod

@May_That last goal is probably my goal for life. So....life goals?

Mod

NEXT QUESTION

What things can you put in place to help you achieve your resolutions or goals?

Top High Fived Authors