Builder

GR Managing your money

[ Edited ]

Dealing with money can be pretty stressful, there's bills to pay, groceries to buy, maybe you're even looking at moving out of home, trying to budget and make sure you're using your money wisely is a tough task.

image.gif

There me are a few ways we can get caught out with our money like loans and getting behind on different repayments, or maybe you still live at home and work for some pocket money, either way it's important we know how to manage our money so that we know exactly what we're spending it on and don't get ourselves into too much strife. If you budget correctly you should be able to avoid the 7 day two minute noodle diet, I mean they're pretty good but not that  good. 

On Monday 14th we'll be having a Getting Real on this very important topic, join us live 8pm AEDT or jump on and say " hi" now!

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Community Manager

Re: GR Managing your money

Hey everybody! 

Builder

Hello everyone!

It can be hard to create a budget and keep track of our money. Tonight we will be talking about be to manage our money and create a buget.
Budget

As always, if you're going through a tough time, please talk to someone on our list here. Don't worry, they're great! 
Please remember guidelines when joining this conversation.

And for our first question:

How good are you at managing your money?
Super star contributor

I don't buy want I don't need, just seems to be a habit. 

Builder

Hey all Smiley Happy

Not super great Smiley Tongue I don't really like thinking about money and am not good at making big spending decisions, so I've got room for improvement haha

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Community Manager

Better than I was, but still not as good as i could be!

I used to be reallllyy bad though. Like big credit card debt, no spare money bad.

Community Manager

Nice one @loves netball you're miiiileess ahead of  me! 

Where do you think the money saving skills came from? 

Builder

I would actually say too good for my own sake. I never spend money on anything. It's always save, save, save!
I have come around to the idea of occasionally treating myself now, but it's all managed very strictly. Smiley Tongue
Mod

Hey everyone! I managed not to get completely distracted tonight and remembered the right time! Smiley Happy

I say relatively good. I'm lucky because I still live at home. I just save most of my money and take out some money every once and awhile so I have cash on me.
When I move out, that'll be the real test of my money-management. Although, I probably don't earn enough to survive. Smiley Tongue
Mod

Hey @Ben-RO and @Alison5! So happy I'm finally home in time to take part in this! I've just missed being able to join the past few GR's!

I would say I'm relatively good at managing my money. I carefully consider all my purchases/expenses, from something as small as a hot chocolate to something bigger like my car. I save as much as I can and I allocate a certain amount of what I earn as spending money for things like food/petrol, and the rest stays in my bank account, untouched.

I find writing down how much money I have coming in helps me keep track of it/my spending habits. 

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Top High Fived Authors