Builder

Re: GR Managing your money

That meme is me @j95 Smiley LOL

Builder

[ Edited ]

Is there such a thing as worrying about money too much? Is it okay to spend some money sometimes or do you have to pinch every penny!?

You have to live a little! What fun is squirriling away every dollar? Yeah of course save up, and have money for an emergency but don't limit yourself too much. We all need to have fun, treat ourselves and spend a little bit our money on things we like, if thats something you can afford to do, even if its $4 on a coffee once a week its something nice for yourself. You deserve it!

Builder

I think it's definitely good to save if you have a goal and everything, but I also put a bit away to enjoy myself and have what I want too 

Community Manager

Is there such a thing as worrying about money too much? Is it okay to spend some money sometimes or do you have to pinch every penny!?

Hmm I agree with @loves netball that money can't buy happiness, pretty much the only thing that really buys happiness is learning to be happy and practicing it a lot... so I guess while i have just gone on about saving money and budgeting and things like that, it's mostly to take money out of the equation, so that I can do the few things I have found in life that give me meaning, purpose and help me practice the art of being happy.... 

Note: when i say "Happy" probably what i actually mean is "content" or at peace or something like that. Because I firmly believe that even the best life has sad moments and incredibly hard stuff in it too. If anything that's what gives us the perspective and skills we need to live a good life... or something like that Smiley Tongue 

Builder

Hey guys, I really enjoyed the GR tonight! I'm off to get ready for work tomorrow and head to bed Smiley Happy 

Have a good night guys! @Ben-RO @j95 @Alison5 @loves netball

Builder

Having things does not necessarily equal happiness
Builder

G'night @nc_reachout13
Community Manager

@j95 I reckon it can help a little. Like you said with more dank memes than i knew existed on the topic Treat yo self! 

I also think having money can give some security and a sense of safety. I know i get nervous if i have nothing in the bank account because I get worried I wont be able to throw money at any problem that crops up Smiley Tongue 

Builder

As the GR session comes to a bit of a close, is there anything you are going to change with your management of money?

Any take-home tips you might try?

Builder

@Ben-RO yeah it can help, I agree but I just mean just because somebody night have a lot of money doesn't mean they're happy. Not having money obviously can create feelings of stress, anxiety and sadness but having lots doesn't make everything better all the time either
Top High Fived Authors