Mod

Re: GR Managing your money

I'm with you @loves netball not having a credit card is the way to go, I reckon. It's worked for me so far... Smiley Very Happy

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

@loves netball an excellent strategy Smiley Very Happy

@letitgo I feel you there, I'm so grateful I can still live at home, otherwise I'd be screwed (especially since I can't drive Smiley Tongue)
Mod

@loves netball you can use a debit card for online purchases/fun run registrations, if you have one, although perhaps I shouldn't have told you that Cat Tongue

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

Good to see you here @letitgo @N1ghtW1ng @loves netball Smiley Happy

Aw man I don't have that much to spend on it @Ben-RO looks pretty sweet though Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

Second question time: What are some of the things that make managing money tricky?

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Super star contributor

@letitgo my parents keep telling me to get a debit card, but I'm happy not having one

Mod

What are some of the things that make managing money tricky?
I'd say things like debt, rent, groceries, daily living kind of things. It's hard to save up on money when you keep needing to spend it on bills.
Super star contributor

I'd say life in general. Need enough income to meet expenses

Builder

When I do buy things, it always seems to be on impulse so that makes it tricky to manage it properly (but also exiting Smiley Tongue)

Builder

Trying to balance what you want to buy vs what you have to spend money on. Keeping some savings in case of emergency,

Having people invite you out to places when you haven't planned to spend money on that.

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Mod

Love all these amazing strategies for managing money! I personally am only okay at managing my money. I make sure the bills are paid but I love food too much and am always buying takeaway or the ingredients for some crazy dish.
Top High Fived Authors