Mod

Re: GR Managing your money

What are some of the things that help you manage your money better?

I honestly don't have many skills/stretegies for managing money, hoping to learn some here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

A budget is managing your money, basically. And I think that they'd work for me, but thankfully I have no need for one.
Mod

@Ben-RO That "How to budget" site looks really helpful - thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

Do you find you often go over your budgets @nc_reachout13?
Builder

@SmileMonkey do you manually populate your spreadsheet? How long/much effort does it take generally?

@nc_reachout13 how do you track your expenses? Spreadsheet or some other way?

Just trying to get some ideas since this is the bit that always trips me up Smiley Tongue
____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Mod

You've all pretty much moved onto the next question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway Smiley Happy

What are some of your budgeting tips?

Builder

Hey ya'll
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

Not often @Alison5, however I used to. Last year I was working a casual job, a shift a week and was almost always just scraping by. Working a lot more definitely helps, and having my end goals in mind always really helps. I know that I need to put away enough for bills and food, and save enough for a plane ticket and a bit of spending money as well. Otherwise, I don't get to see the person I love for at least 6 months until they come here. Its a huge incentive for me 

Mod

Hey @j95! Smiley Very Happy
Builder

[ Edited ]

I wonder @Bay52VU if you allow yourself to change and alter your budget, does it kinda defeats the purpose of it? I understand that income can change and there are expenses etc but how do we ensure that we stick to our budget?
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Top High Fived Authors