Mod

Hand care, skin care, health care, what about self care?

[ Edited ]

Do you ever feel like a plastic bag, drifting through the wind? How about a house of cards, one blow from caving in? Thanks to Katy Perry, we’re all aware that feeling like that isn’t exactly the greatest. Luckily, we can help you find some ways to unleash your inner firework.

music katy perry firework katycats katy perry firework

We’re talking about self-care, which is exactly what it sounds like – any activity that you can do to take care of yourself. What would be the point of that? I don’t have time in my busy schedule for that! I can hear the protests already. Believe us when we tell you that self-care can leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated and the positive effects are too many to list here.

So how do you go about this self-care thing?

Sometimes you just have to…

treat-yo-self.jpg

Interested in learning more, or just want to discuss your self-care activities? Join us here at 8pm AEDT on Monday December 5th for a conversation about all things self-care, or post a reply right now. We look forward to meeting you there!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

Re: Hand care, skin care, health care, what about self care?

So pumped for this GR! Come on clock!! Smiley Tongue
Mod

Yay!! Me too, @Alison5! Almost time!!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hey errybody!!

Mod

Hello Everyone!

Tonight we are talking about all things self-care! 

Image result for self care gif

In today's busy world, it can be so easy to forget to take care of ourselves and sometimes we feel bad for even taking time out for ourselves. So what is self care? Why does it matter? Join us now to find out! 

As always, if you are new to ReachOut or are just need a refresher on what our Community Guidelines are, you can find them here.

If at any stage during this discussion, you feel distressed, overwhelmed or needing to talk to someone, please talk to someone on our list here. Don't worry, they're great! 

Now onto our first question! 

What is your understanding of self care? 

Community Manager

I wish to be that cat @Randomness

Mod

hey @Ben-RO! Ready for some self-care conversation? Smiley Very Happy

Super star contributor

HEY

Self care = opposite to me

Builder

Heya everyone! (Just FYI, I pillaged my dad's iPad, so if I disappear halfway through, it's because he wants to listen to the cricket or something Smiley Tongue ) Pumped for tonight's chat!

Community Manager

Takes a loooot of practice @loves netball you've come to the right conversation to figure out some first steps Smiley Happy

Top High Fived Authors