Community Manager

Re: Hand care, skin care, health care, what about self care?

I think this question is a very important one for you to stick around for @loves netball

You're welcome wherever you would like to be @Sally-RO is just giving you different options for support - I told her to, hope that is okay 

What do you do, or what can you do, when you don't have the energy to self-care?

I won't say it's impossible to not have enough energy (or too much energy) for self-care, but I would say that a lot of the time if we don't feel like we can do self-care, it's because we're trying to tackle a kind of self-care that's too big. 

When you're energy levels are too low or two high to focus, it's important to pick reaaaaalllly small things and quick wins. 

Literally the smallest things you can think of. 

Make a cup of tea, 

Havea  glass of water, 

Move from your nest in the bed to a nest on the couch or make a nest outside. 

Pet all the pets. 

Watch just one funny youtube video, 

even smallller if needed 

Mod Squad

No actually it was an invitation to be on here and an extra place too =P @loves netball

Mod

That's so important @j95 to physically take care of ourselves when we're not feeling up to self-care. Sometimes it helps us to feel better too.
Super star contributor

I agree I make myself do the basics.

When I'm at my best, the whole day is planned around the run hahaha

And yes I do feel guilty @Ben-RO. And I'm taking the hint and gonna go because I hate being somewhere when I'm not welcome

Builder

@Ben-RO that's as much self care as I've been doing this week... and that's better than nothing
Mod

wow @N1ghtW1ng that is one enormous response! I admire your persistence. I think I would have caved and made it into several posts, just because I'd confuse myself! Smiley Tongue

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

@loves netball you are always welcome here!! Heart

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

[ Edited ]

@Ben-RO that's an awesome point about trying to tackle self-care that's too big. In my realllly tough times I find that breaking down basic things like getting out of bed is needed. Sit up, take the doona off, pop my feet on the floor... It sounds ridiculous but sometimes that's all that works Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

@lokifish totally hear what you're saying about breaking things down into smaller, more manageable activities! I do the same with things like showering or getting dressed if need be 

Builder

I have to go now, but this is a great discussion! Looking forward to reading through the rest of it later. Bye guys Smiley Happy

Top High Fived Authors