Mod

Re: Hand care, skin care, health care, what about self care?

Image result for hug gif

@loves netball sending you hugs and support!!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Super star contributor

All the self care that I used to just do without always questioning has become things that I spend all day trying to do e.g. eat, shower etc

Mod

So we've already mentioned that there are different ways we can practice self-care, which leads into our next question:

Do you have any experience with practicing self-care? What are some of the things you do?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

For me - Always!
I can tell you now that I would just work and work until I collapsed. Self-care is something I have to actually commit to and is self-initiated.
Super star contributor

@letitgo that is what Big Ted is for, thanks though. I'm weird and absolutely love hugs

Mod

@loves netball don't worry, i don't think that's weird. i love hugs too. and hugs actually release oxytocin in our brains, which is a chemical that promotes warm fuzzy feelings. Smiley Very Happy

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

Yep, I have experience doing self care. It's usually something pretty casual like YouTube after a tough day at school, but if I'm feeling down i'll go to an activity that I know makes me feel better like guitar or (don't judge) pulling weeds.

Mod

@loves netball You bring up a good point, self care can definitely be harder when we're going through a tough time, but it's still super important, so everything we do manage to do is an achievement!

Mod

@loves netball hugs are a great form of self-care - nothing wrong with loving them Smiley Happy I also think you made a good point before about how self-care looks different when we're struggling compared to when we're well. Sometimes we need to take a step back and focus on the basics Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

Do I have experience with practising self-care? Lots.

Some of the things I do are paint my nails, go for a walk or write in my diary. The diary I try to do everyday, just as a maintenance kind of thing, but other things, like painting my nails, I tend to do only when I need them  

Top High Fived Authors