Mod

Re: Hand care, skin care, health care, what about self care?

I don't think I've had a bath in years @lokifish - might have to try it! And I hear you about chocolate - what a divine taste!  

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Community Manager

Do you have any experience with practicing self-care? What are some of the things you do?

I have lots of experience with practicing self care, key word is PRACTICE! Doing self care, especially when i don't feel like it or liike i deserve it is the most important thing... so in terms of things i do, well there's a huge range, and i work hard at finding more things i like doing. But the main thing for me is just doing them often, every morning, every afternoon, every night before i go to bed. 

It could be something little like grabbing a nice coffee and watching my garden grow for 5 minutes before i head to work, riding the long way home and watching the sunset on the giant bridge next to my work, eating something super tasty, buying a thing that i have wanted for a while, doesn't matter too much what, just that i try and do it. Lots Smiley Happy

Mod

@Alison5 sounds like we have similar ways of taking care of ourselves Smiley Happy Naps are always great

@loves netball that's a huge list of self-care activities, I love it Smiley Very Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

@Alison5 I'm glad you're starting to recognise and apply the importance of self-care. And I can really relate to that idea of stopping everything for a day and then doing some lighter activities when you feel ready. I did that on the weekend, cancelled my plans and took it slow, and I felt much more relaxed! 

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

@loves netball that's a great list of self-care activities you've got there!

Builder

Pen and paper for stream of consiousness @letitgo. It doesn't tell me when I spell a word wrong or forget a punctuation mark, so I can just pour words out with out looking back. I'm not likely to read over it again anyway, so spelling and whatever is irrelevant.

Community Manager

Seems like you know how, it's just hard to have the energy to actually practice the self-care, is that about right @loves netball

Mod

@letitgo Baths are my favourite thing ever. My parents are building a new house at the moment and the master bathroom is going to have a full-sized bath in it - guess who's never moving out of home? Hahahaha Smiley Very Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

Guess who totally remembered!! (not me Smiley Tongue)

I was out getting some exercise, it's lucky I was feeling lazy after my shower or I never would of remembered Smiley Tongue

Now I'm going to catch up!
Mod

that reminds me @Ben-RO - sometimes the act of spending a few dollars to buy myself a hot choclate can be a huge act of self-care. for me, it's recognition that i deserve it, and that the world won't fall apart if i spend a little bit of money (contrary to how it sometimes feels!)

Top High Fived Authors