Mod

Re: Hand care, skin care, health care, what about self care?

YAY @N1ghtW1ng Smiley Very Happy All good - exercise totally fits into the theme of self-care Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

That's exactly how I feel @letitgo!
Mod

@N1ghtW1ng showering and exercise are great self care activities, so you are forgiven! Smiley Tongue

Mod

I'm the same for stream of consciousness @roseisnotaplant although I find for fiction or other work that I'd want to look over/perfect, I feel way ore comfortable typing, because them it doesn't have to be in any particular order - I can just cut and paste later if I have to.  

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

welcome to the conversation @N1ghtW1ng!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

Heyyyyyy @N1ghtW1ng Smiley Very Happy

Mod

Sounds good @lokifish!!! Smiley Tongue

Mod

Awesome discussion so far folks! I'm curious to know what you think about this:

When is a good time to practice some self care? Is it something to use only as-needed or should we incorporate it into daily life?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Super star contributor

@Ben-RO self care goes with strategies for me. Yeah I know what to do, but the pit of darkness that I'm in pulls me further and further away from looking after myself. It's kind of sad really

Builder

I think that you can practise self care when things are tough, but also when things are fine and dandy, and I think that there are types of self care for both of these instances. I think working some small act of self care into everyday life would be beneficial, but you should also have other self care strategies that are maybe just meant for when you're feeling real down.

Top High Fived Authors