Mod

Re: Technology affecting mental health

Believe it or not @j95, I've seen that happen already. It was.....nope

Builder

Its time for the last question Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

What is one thing that you are going to take away from tonight?

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

There's an app which tells you if it's day or night @RevzZ? Do you mean something like the weather app or something else?

@j95 a friend of mine once tried to tap the screen of my kindle to make the pages turn. Of course, my kindle has buttons (and no backlit screen, which I love).

I will admit to being an avid lover of kindle, mainly because I love reading and especially when I'm travelling I feel better with a kindle because I don't want the book to be hurt (Smiley Tongue) or torn or anything.
Builder

same :/ @RevzZ and pretty much all the schools here now have ipad programs, which are beneficial for learning but if a kid spends most of the day at school on their ipad, comes home to play on the computer or on their ipad even more it definitely can't be healthy. They do a lot of good though, don't get me wrong, like for my little sister, she has an ipad that has heaps of apps that help her with different things like communicating
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

I just quickly wanted to add that technology can hinder and make it more difficult to do things - as in expectations. These days, people expect so much from special effects and 3D movies etc. etc. and just the fact that a picture is moving on a screen is no longer good enough.

This can also be seen as a positive in that we are advancing, but I like to appreciate all of the simple things we have. Everything is amazing, not just the big stuff.
Mod

[ Edited ]

-Technology can be the new future for helping us with mental health (that's what RO aims to do I believe) and it has its positives and negatives and we've all got a way of taking advantage of the new age Smiley Happy

Also

-Air fryers are a must

-Looking up busy periods of places is a good idea

Not a day/night thing @N1ghtW1ng. It literally uses your location to tell you if it is day or night outside. One word on the screen Smiley Very Happy

I agree @j95. It definitely has its benefits and excessive use and reliance probably isn't good I guess. Forgot to add: balance is key! And I need a gif!

Builder

Sometimes it's okay to use technology for yourself regardless of what the people around you think because at the end of the day people are gonna judge you people taking advantage of the tech they have available.  Not all, but some.

Mod

@j95 I think that the ipad programs are cool. BUT they work better if the kid doesn't have their own ipad (or an ipad in the household)

@Alison5 ah that's true. People have such high expectations of things that they sometimes fail to see that what's already there is amazing. (I mean, look back a few (probably more...) and see the differences between. But people don't see the differences, only how the current could be better.
Mod

@RevzZ air fryers are definitely a must. Smiley Tongue

What is one thing that I'll take away tonight?
Hm... technology (even the mighty wheel) is amazing. They each have their positives and negatives but I think that the wide array of positives is worth the problems it can sometimes have.
Builder

That technology itself isn't good or bad, but has the potential to be either, depending on what we use, how often we use it and for what purpose. 

Excessive screen time is a negative, yet these things we use that have screens like phones, tablets, offer us so much convinience and information. 

Top High Fived Authors