Builder

Re: Technology affecting mental health

Thats alright, you don't have to @loves netball
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Super star contributor

Re: Technology affecting mental health

I had quick scroll and I thought I better out the real reason behind standing desks Smiley Tongue

Stand up desks are usually adustable to change to use a chair or a get a higher chair. They designed for people who spend 8 hours plus in front of a computer. Sitting down all day results in bad posture, tight hips flexors, rounded shoulders, and also encourage obesity because you expend less energy sitting down.

I think there is peer pressure when it comes to technology - who has Apple Mac vs who doesn't. Who has the latest model phone vs who doesn't. Who has the most friends of facebook, followers on other forms of social media.

I never had a phone till I was 17 and was bullied for not having one and facebook, but also bullied on the good old MSN. Both I wish I kind of didn't have.

Sometimes I wish technology should be removed so people learn the simple things like how to write with a pen, how to do simple addition and subtraction without a calculator.

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count