Builder

Re: Technology affecting mental health

@Ben-RO thats right, I agree, its both and depends on how much and how often we use
Mod

@FootyFan26 that makes sense. I was thinking of the things making their own noises (like fans and stuff) Smiley Tongue

@Ben-RO you said it not me Cat LOL

Do you think technology affects your physical health positively or negatively?
Well, I'd say it has a second-hand negative effect on my physical health as I'm often sitting on my laptop or phone instead of exercising. But it's not really a bad thing.

Although technology (as in modern technology) does affect my physical health negatively because of bright screens and loudness. Bright screens- apparently everyone in my family is blind and requires their screens to be on the highest-possible brightness, even in the dark, to be able to see their screens. Which hurts my eyes.
And then the loudness, well I don't like loud sounds but apparently the movie industry doesn't care very much and insists on having quiet dialogue and loud action.

Positively? Well, I dunno. I'm not really sure physically BUT it certain does have physical positivities. They just don't spring to mind.
Community Manager

Whoa @j95 your answer was MUCH better explained than mine! 

Builder

Do you think technology affects your physical health positively or negatively?

Depends on what type of tech you use and how you use it.  There are exercise machines and things to encourage physical activity and there's computers which you can only really use while sitting down.  Although there's technology now that makes it possible to stand up while at a desk.

Builder

Also food, I've been inspired by recipes I've seen online,like tomorrow I'm making a smoothie bowl for my breakfast
Mod

I agree @j95 and @Ben-RO Smiley Happy

Now, of course, I must "take 5" and collect my dinner. Smiley Very Happy (hint: it's pie! Robot LOL)
Builder

Great answers everyone!

Question 3....

What about mental health –how does technology affect your mental health?

Mod

@FootyFan26 exercise machines are definitely a helpful resource for those that use them. Although stand-up desks don't sound very pleasant. (I get the importance of not sitting all the time but just standing still, no thanks Smiley Tongue I do enough of it at work and my feet die each night.)
Mod

Woah!  A smoothie bowl @j95! That sounds so delish Smiley Happy

Mod

@j95 @RevzZ I am now getting the two of you confused because you RevzZ used to have a grey image and you j95 used to have some orange(no wait, yellow and red) on yours Smiley Tongue
Top High Fived Authors