Builder

Re: Technology affecting mental health

@N1ghtW1ng its because i tried changing it and its gone all funny and im too lazy to change it back
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

What about mental health –how does technology affect your mental health?

It can connect you with others - example is here but it can also impact our social life and cause us to isolate ourselves in a way because some people might just contact people online and not in person.

@j95 so are you eating the bowl or the smoothie??? Smiley Happy

Mod

Still looks cool @j95 Smiley Tongue

Builder

smoothie in a bowl with stuff on top @FootyFan26 supposed to be healthy or something idk

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

sounds good @j95!
Builder

Good ways:

Places like ReachOut

Apps that keep us grounded, like Breathe, Smiling Mind

Connect with people you otherwise may not

Bad ways:

Some things I see on the internet can be upsetting

Can be really hard 'switch off' literally and figuritively 

Bullying

Mod

Oopsies @N1ghtW1ng, sorry about that. But now I can't stop seeing j95's profile pic in mine....

Quite honestly, I think it's been for the better (at least for me). I like to avoid using it where possible and if I can (doesn't help that I'm a casual. Means I have to constantly be on call). However, I do try to specify a single day where the phone is in my room and I don't use it unless I'm in the room as well. So essentially, the phone doesn't leave my room.

In the end, I suppose we've become kinda dependent on it, huh? It's all good though. Otherwise this GR wouldn't even be happening!

Mod

I agree with @FootyFan26 here, technology can help us be more connected with our friends and help us to meet new people. In that way it can positively affect you. Although it can also have the opposite effect as you stop physically meeting people and only talk only (but then again, some people might prefer that)

Other ways, well it can make things easier for a lot of people (especially those with anxiety) as it allows them to contact people and find information without causing much stress.

And also Google.

Other negative effects would include bullying through social media. Some other things too probably.
Mod

Oh for me... uh... well it helps me because I can contact my friends. Hang out on RO (I've run out of pie Smiley Sad) and the air fryer can make quick snacks. Smiley Very Happy
Builder

Yeah dependency is a big thing @RevzZ i know so many people who cant be without their phone in their pocket or hand at all times
Top High Fived Authors