Builder

AFL

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone so myself @FootyFan26 are really into AFL.

I barrack for North Melbourne Kangaroos. 

mzl.cfkfrspi.png

I dont think I can narrow it down to a favourite player but I really like Cyril Rioli, Tom Hawkins, Andrew Swallow and Adam Goodes. 

676892-adam-goodes-sydney-swans.jpg

142410_rioli620.jpg

Cyril Rioli and Adam Goodes especially has inspired me to be proud of my culture and to take pride of being indigenous  and I think thats awesome! 

What about everyone else? Who do you barrack for? Have you ever been to a game in real life? Who are your favourite players? 

I went to the grand final last year with my partner (I dont support either of the teams but she did) and it was the greatest experience ever,just something about the atmosphere! 

Does anyone here play footy? I do and I love it, I play in the ruck and forward. 

Go Roos! 

Jay. 😝

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

Re: AFL

I'm a huge footy fan and a one-eyed Sydney Swans supporter. Needless to say, please don't talk about last year's Grand Final Smiley Tongue

Growing up my favourite player was Brett Kirk - at first because we share the same birthday but then because he was such an influential leader at the club. His story is one of determination and passion, which I admire. He wasn't afraid to be himself. At other clubs I have soft spots for Brent Harvey, Brett Deledio and Patrick Dangerfield. And @j95 of course Goodesy is in my list too.

I go to matches in Melbourne all the time! (The other week's GF rematch against the Hawks was BRILLIANT to be at Smiley Tongue). When I was younger I was an Auskick kid who played footy at half-time, and I also won a competition where I got to run out onto the MCG with the players! Running through that banner is one of my happiest childhood memories Smiley Very Happy

Anyone else here a footy fan?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

Ah Dangerfield!! I forgot about him!

That would of been absolutely awesome doing both of those things!
Thanks for sharing @lokifish
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

As per my name I am a huge FootyFan!  I barrack for the Cats because it runs in our part of the family, the rest of the family are bombers supporters.

images.jpg

Some of my favourite players are Tom Hawkins, Joel Selwwod, Steve J, Andrew Mackie and Jimmy Bartel.

images (1).jpg

I really can't wait for the Cats vs. Bombers match on the weekend.  I also play footy in an under 15 team and really enjoy it even though we get thrashed every match!

download (2).jpg

Community Manager

I'm not really into football but Adam Goodes is a superstar in my eyes for everything he does on and off the field!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Builder

[ Edited ]

@Sophie-RO that's the beauty of being a famous footballer. You can influence people in a good way even if they don't follow the footy.

And just some friendly advice: Go for the Cats!

Lol I'm supposed to be doing work at school!Smiley Tongue

Star contributor

Raising my hand as a mad Cats fan also Cat Very Happy

I am a full member but don't get to as many games as I would like because they often clash with my own sporting commitments. I like a lot of the talent coming through Geelong's ranks but Stokesy (Mathew Stokes) is my favourite.

Builder

@Kit stokesy!!! 

Star contributor

He's just tops IMO

Oh and Harry Taylor for being super smart and measured in his approach.

Builder

I forgot to mention Nicky Winmar who has paved a special path in AFL in the future and in the past.
Top High Fived Authors