Mod

Re: Books!

I've just started reading Quicksand by Steve Toltz. I love that the main character is a (failed) writer! 

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

I've just started reading Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales (a translated version - I don't really understand 14th century English Smiley Tongue)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

@lokifish 14th century english is so confusing sometimes. Translations are the best.

I was reading my science book from Dr Karl but then it didn't really help with the sleep, so I should start reading it during the day. Haven't gotten around to it yet, but it's got the bookmark in it, which means I will have to read it! Smiley Very Happy
Mod

I'm currently reading lots of crocheting patterns. Smiley Tongue

But I came here to post this!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Mod

I finish the novel series I was reading (the hunger games, because I read the first one awhile ago and wanted to read the next two) so now I need a new series/book to read. I'm thinking definitely fiction, because I tried reading my science book before bed and that did not go well. (when I tried to sleep, it took a long, restless, time)

I could try reading my Tiger's Curse books. I kind of liked them, even though they were a bit romance-heavy, but not so much so that the lore was overshadowed. (even though it's probably a bit inaccurate, but I like the books. Or I did like the books, now would be a good time to see if I still like them Smiley Tongue)
Mod

I'm still reading Chaucer but I've discovered that if I read a section of the translated version first, then go back and read the original, I can actually understand it and omg who knew 14th century English could be beautiful? (And hilarious. He makes so many dirty jokes Smiley Tongue)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

Just started reading The High Mountains of Portugal by Yann Martel (same guy who wrote Life of Pi) Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Mod

I'm now reading Wicked Lovely by someone whose name I can't remember.
For some reason I have a lot of romance-fantasy type novels. Don't get me wrong, I love the fantasy but sometimes the romance is just face-palm worthy Smiley Tongue
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count