Post Mod

Re: Books!

What's that about, @j95?
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle
Builder

@Craycray17 It's about these kids who really love skateboarding but there's no where to go where they live so they always get in trouble, so they decided to make a petition and one of them dies, so it mixes in like a sort of trivial topic about there being no skatepark with a really big issue.
everybody's responses to this thread are like really well written big novels but I'm not really a big reader and I'm not real great at it so I need something I can follow really easily.
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Post Mod

That sounds interesting @j95! Ooh hey I have a suggestion of a good read you may enjoy!

It's called the outsiders by S.E.Hinton. It's about Galong gangs and the clash between the classes of boys in the neighbourhood who form the gangs. It's a really interesting read, but not complex! The incredible thing about it is how it's written in the 60s by a 16 year old girl, someone who wasn't involved with any of the like, yet she really writes such a realistic and believable account of boy culture.
Builder

Will check it out thanks for your suggestion @Craycray17 what are you reading at the moment?
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Post Mod

I'm reading the happiness project! Its pretty great, I am sceptical of these sorts of books but am really loving it!
Builder

Nice, just a quick google of it, sounds interesting!! @Craycray17
Mod

I have finished the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon) and now I don't know what to read. I've gone through Divergent, Eragon, Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, Kane Chronicles, Vampire Academy, Harry Potter and quite a few Terry Pratchett books.

What now? Smiley Tongue
Community Manager

I'm about to start A History of Love by Nicole Krauss. She was the wife of my favourite author and I heard they have similar writing styles, so I'm excited to read it!

Mod

Alrighty, so today's prompt for an external photo a day thing that I do is reading.

So I want to know what book everyone is reading at the moment?

Mine is the complete works of Jane Austen. Currently reading sense and sensibility.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Community Manager

I'm reading the Hydrogen Sonata by Ian M Banks.

Last in the series and he passed away right after it was finished. So I am like kind of dragging it out because i don't want to finish Smiley Tongue 

Top High Fived Authors