Post Mod

Re: Books!

Oooo! Books!

The last book I read: WARP: The Hangman's Revolution - Eoin Colffer.

• I've loved Eoin Colfer ever since I was younger and read Artmis Fowl. 

The book I am currently reading: Something from the Nightside - Simon R.Green.

• A dectective x dark fantasy novel. I'm only a little way in, but I really like it so far. It's got some really spooky sounding monsters in it so far.

Books I want to read next: Rest of the Nightside novels,

• There's a whole set of them apparently. I'm looking forward to reading the rest!

@safari93 I love Terry Prattchett! Have you read The Long Earth series that he co-wrote ? 

Post Mod

Wow! You guys have so many amazing book recommendations. Some of these, I've never even heard of. 

And, I've obviously entered the 'intellectual hipster' thread hahaha~

The last book I read: The Best of Me - Nicholas Sparks

The book I am currently reading: Die Trying  - Lee Child

Books I want to read next: The (rest of) Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell

• Bit of a crime junkie so I'm really looking forward to finishing the series

ThIs thread is gonna be my favourite!! Smiley Tongue

Star contributor

So many books guys! definitely adding these to my book 'bucket list' Smiley Tongue

Any To Kill A Mockingbird fans? Have you heard Harper Lee is releasing a sequel? What are your thoughts?

Yes, I also love to read!! Cat Very Happy

There are two photos of me on our family holidays when I was 11 and 12... in both of them I was sitting READING, munching on an apple! Smiley Embarassed .... And i've never looked back! Haha!

(At least in this thread here I don't feel so geeky now!! ...Hi-ho, hipsters! Cat Tongue )

Some of my favourite genres include crime / thrillers , any classics , and light-hearted / comedy.

And i ALWAYS go by the premise that "The book is infintely better than the movie!"

Does anyone wish to challenge me on that?  :-)

***(PS. except maybe for To Kill A Mockingbird would be a pretty close call - powerful performances from all - can't wait for the sequel to the book, but would hate them try to turn that into a movie in this modern era now).

Post Mod

You are all making me want to read more!

I say I dont have time but tbh I could probably cut the time i spend on the net and my phone and patting dogs and read a few books! (Not that id stop patting dogs of course though pshhh)

Has anyone read Gone Girl? I have seen the movie and loved it.. then bought the book because I just saw it in the shop pretty cheap tbh haha..

My friend said she couldnt get into the book?

Mod

[ Edited ]

@hartley_ I just read Gone Girl about a month ago and it's SO GOOD. Read it before I watched the movie and it kind of ruined the movie for me because there's so much more detail that they couldn't fit in.

Star contributor

@Chessca_H if you like that then read her other book!!! and a book called "before i go to sleep" - so good. Ver similar books
Star contributor

@hartley_ i read gone girl in two days and was left just speechless. GIven your interest in psych and crim - youll really like it. The part is a bit slow moving but then it picks up. The movie and book were pretty similar im not sure which i liked more... but i think the book was better
Mod

@EloiseRose Definitely planning on reading that and her other book "Dark Places", should make a start on that before I go back to uni and have no time for anything Smiley Tongue

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count