Star contributor

Re: Books!

@Chessca_H Yeh dark places is really good. I liked it just as much. There more characters so its a bit more involved.
I just googled and she has a third called 'sharp objects'. Im going to track it down and read it and report back within the next 3 weeks!!
Post Mod

@Chessca_H more detail? it was already so long and jam packed haha

I think I will have to start reading it then @EloiseRose and @Chessca_H !

Thanks guys!Smiley Very Happy

Post Mod

The last book I read:  The opposable mind -Roger Martin

• Bought because it was almost free. Didnt expect to ever read it, turned out to be one of my favourite books Smiley Happy

The book I am currently reading: The Archaeology of mind - Jaak Panksepp

• Neuroscience, can only read a few pages at a time. will one day finish LOL

The book I want to read: Crime and punishment- Dostoevsky

Post Mod

[ Edited ]

Gotta add The Center Cannot Hold: My Journey Through Madness by Elyn R. Saks.

Amazing and inspiring book. Elyn describes her journey through life with schizophrenia from a very young age, constantly fighting to stay on top and to achieve her goals. Apart from being super interesting and engaging, it's incredibly useful for anyone who wants to learn more about the experience of schizophrenia and what it might be like to progress through various milestones in life with it. 

Mod

@KitKat I haven't!! Better get on that series!!

Star contributor

@hartley_ i'm halfway into Gone Girl, loving it so far, quite an easy read and definitely a page turner.

@Chessca_H
Ok so i found "sharp objects" and read it in two days.
It was good not great... worth reading if you like her style of stories. So in order of preference
1) Gone girl
2) Dark places
3) Sharp objects
Post Mod

this thread makes me wish everyday was a rainy cold day filled with cups of tea, fluffy socks and good books (oh and no work ever...)

Mod

@EloiseRose Not sure if I'll give Sharp Objects a go if that's the case, might change my mind though. I finished reading Dark Places the other day and wow the storyline is a lot more intense that Gone Girl O.o

Contributor

@jvkn I love To Kill a Mockingbird. I think I'll read the sequel and see how it goes.

@hartley_ I read Gone Girl and thought it was a good, fun, crazy read. The movie is a pretty faithful adaptation. My only real complaint is that it softens the husband. In the novel, he's way more of a jerk.

On Kindle, I just finished reading Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg who used to work at Google and is now the COO at Facebook. This is a book about women and business and I loved it so much that I bought the paperback so I could loan it to all my girlfriends. It's eye-opening and really inspiring.

I don't know what I'll read next. I'm thinking of picking up a classic.

Sharing a favorite... The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende. I love love love this novel about three generations of a family, mainly about the women. It's very magical.

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count