Super frequent scribe

Re: Books!

@KitKat Oh yeah, the series is very successful. I haven't watched the anime apart from random scenes here and there, but it is a very, very gory show.

Mod

Umm ... so how did I miss this thread?!?!?!

The last book I read: The Misogynist Factor - Anne Summers

The book I am currently reading: so I'm currently reading two books. I guess you can do that when reading non-fiction.

My Story - Julia Gillard

Quiet - Susan Cain  (Only just started to read this one)

Books I want to read next: We are completely beside ourselves. And oh my gosh, it is a fiction book! Almost brought it instead of 'Quiet'.

I've found a couple of book sites and on every one, I have a wishlist and no book crosses over. And I really want to read Harry Potter again and umm ... I feel as though there is not enough time to read everything!

Stoooppid MH not allowing me to read for a whole year! How the bloody hell did I survive without my books?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Star contributor

@stonepixie  I'm reading My Story by Julia Gillard too! I really liked Mary Delahunty's book about JG and her Government too, it was called Gravity.

Builder

I'm not a huge reader but my housemate just lent me the book The Happiest Refugee by Anh Do, looks really good! Can't wait till I have time to read it Smiley Happy)
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Post Mod

I'm currently reading Colourless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami. It is so beautifully written. Highly recommended!

Post Mod

I've been reading The Reader (translated into English) by Bernhard Schlink - it's a tad creepy to say the least. Smiley Indifferent Hoping to move onto Open City  by Teju Cole soon!

Okay guys, I have accomplished some awesome stuff. Last week I read all of the Percy Jackson series in four days. (One book per day plus two in one) and now I'm almost finished the Kane Chronicles. So, in about a week I have read almost 10 books.
Community Manager

whoa 10 books! That's EPIC!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Mod

Yep. I'm a book nerd, and a fast reader. My poor dad is getting other books because I'm just plowing through them. I don't get out much socially so my time is spent reading, writing or procrastinating life on the internet. (Or here, or sleeping, or watching TV and so on Smiley Tongue)
Post Mod

@florenceforever I loved that Murakami book!!

I've been reading heaps but the last book that blew my mind was Neil Gaiman - Neverwhere. Little description from Goodreads below:

"Under the streets of London there's a place most people could never even dream of. A city of monsters and saints, murderers and angels, knights in armour and pale girls in black velvet. This is the city of the people who have fallen between the cracks."

Totally fallen in love with his writing and ordered a couple more books by him.

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count