Mod

Re: Books!

@Sophie-RO Yeah, I stumbled across it accidentally. The book is everything you'd expect it to be Smiley Tongue

@N1ghtW1ng Two dollar books?!?! Smiley Surprised If only that were always the case, I'd be in heaven Heart

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

@lokifish it was heaven Smiley Very Happy
Post Mod

@lokifish @N1ghtW1ng If you're after cheap books you should check out some of the second hand stores floating around! There's a Lifeline store and a Salvation Army store near me and they both sell books ranging from like $0.50 - $4ish, usually $4 might be for a really big hard cover.  The ones near me have an awesome range from really old school books, to really random/weird ones, to favourites like Harry Potter and stuff like that. I always buy my cook books+ lonely planet travel guides from there because they're both super expensive in normal store.

Super frequent scribe

Ooh, I love reading! Favourites of all time are The Silver Dark Sea by Susan Fletcher, The Waves by Virginia Woolf, and Owls Do Cry (obviously) by Janet Frame. Just finished Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood, and that was brilliant!
Builder

Currently reading silence of the lambs (great travel booking lol)
Mod

@OwlsDoCry I tried to read Oryx and Crake but the style was too bothersome for me.

Let's see... I've read Rick Roridan(or however it's spelt) Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus(twice), Kane Chronicles, Percy Jackson/Kane Chronicles crossover trilogy and a few other short stories from him, Divergent series, Maze Runner series, Eon and Eona by Alison Goodman Terry Pratchett Rincewind series, Tiffany Aching series and halfway through Death series... this is in the past few months.
Frequent scribe

Man, I wish I had more time/motivation to read! It's becoming a much loved but slipping away past-time :/

Anyhow:

The last book I read: A Streetcar Named Desire

Admittedly for school, but got so caught up in it! I'd love to see a live production...

The book I am currently reading: A Wild Sheepchase- Haruki Murakami and Triangle- Hisaki Matsuura 

Two at once, lol! Both are very bizarre and completely immersing. Especially enjoying A Wild Sheep Chase- it switches genres so quickly, and the cast of characters are each as fascinating as the next! 

Books I want to read next: Kafka on the Shore- Haruki Murakami

Picked up a Wild Sheep Chase and just a couple chapters in, I had to rush to the library to see if they had anymore of Murakami's works! I love his writing, so I wanna read all his books, haha

Community Manager

I want to read that too @holoholo! I read The Wind Up Bird Chronicles and really enjoyed it. I wish I had more time to devote to reading for pleasure Smiley Happy

Frequent scribe

@ElleBelle Ooh, haven't heard of that one! I may have to check it out! Yeah, I need to get back into the habit of taking a book with me on the bus...

Frequent scribe

I'm an occasional reader, I just finished reading the Divergent Triology books a couple of weeks ago Smiley Happy and I used to read books by Danielle Steel

Top High Fived Authors