Post Mod

Re: Books!

@holoholo i agree with you! its a good hobbie that is easy to slip away. I have started to put 'read 20m' on my daily to do lists as  i know its just good for you but easy to not do Smiley Happy

Post Mod

Currently reading Lying on the Couch by Irvin D. Yalom. 

Really enjoying it so far! It's a fictional story that explores exactly what goes on in long term psychotherapy sessions, and it's pretty authentic because the author is an extremely experienced psychiatrist himself. Lots of drama. 

Also about to start 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami! Probably start that one tonight Smiley Happy

Casual scribe

Good Books, so many to choose from.

The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead are afntastic as well as Bloodlines the follow on series

The Pause by John Larkin is amazeing as it is very well written and focuses on the big issues of Depression and Suicide and the fact thast it gets better and " to stick around, because you're worth it' to quote the book

Every Breath by Ellie Marnie is amazeing and for all of you who enjoy mystery aznd murder as well as teen issues

Evernight by Claudia Gray is for those of you who love vampires and forbidden love.

Post Mod

My fave: catcher in the rye, I love the writing style, it represents a stream of consciousness.
Currently reading: will you please be quiet please by Raymond carver, it's a book of short stories about everyday life
Want to read: the happiness project by Gretchen Ruben. It sounds so good and I got it as a gift from my boyfriend. I could learn a thing or two from it, I hope!
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle
Mod

Just finished reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn yesterday. Good but super messed up, like all of her books. 

Looking forward to reading Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman when it finally turns up in the post (dammit Auspost!)

Mod

Currently on the Inheritance Cycle! Up to Eldest, the second one.
Frequent scribe

It's so awesome to see some familiar titles! 

I'm currently re-reading 'The Promise of a Pencil: How an Ordinary Person Can Create Extraordinary Change' by Adam Braun. He is the founder of a leading educational non-profit, Pencils of Promise. It's is a truly inspiring and captivating insight into his story. Highly recommend! 

Frequent scribe

Love that trilogy, @N1ghtW1ng! Currently on my bedside table are - The Values Factor, and Shine Women (an in-house publication about worth, strength and purpose in life), plus having fun reading through David Copperfield again, just light transport back in time to Dickens' England.

Next I'd like to re-read Socrates Journeys by Dan Millman. 

Frequent scribe

@Craycray17... catcher in the rye... <3 my exact thoughts! such a talented writer J.D. Salinger! 

Mod

@saucydankish it's actually four books now Smiley Very Happy It's taking longer to read them than normal since they're so big but I am loving them!
Top High Fived Authors