Mod

Re: Creativity / Community Art

@Nessa17 that is so pretty! It looks really cool. Some things with watercolours that I learned is that sometimes you can put the water on first, then add in the colour so the colour spreads around and you have a dark spot where the colour was first put and then lighter areas. Also, if you put salt on in just the right moment, it makes it look really pretty.
Another this is that you use the colour and then you clean the brush and stroke down from the colour with just water so the colour goes down the water but fades. It's like the first except the colour goes first so you have more control over the way the colour goes.

I hope that made some sense. I learned a bit about watercolours last year Smiley Happy
Builder

@DruidChild Thank you very much! ^^

@N1ghtW1ng Thanks for your tips! I hadn't thought of putting the water on the paper first and then adding in the colour, so I'll definitely give that a try next time Smiley Happy

Builder

[ Edited ]

So I finally got around to making thissss, which is my version of a self care plan thingy. I decided to make it a while ago because lists stress me out when I'm feeling bad, so the last thing I'd want to do is look at a safety plan list!

Drop a marble at the top, let it roll down, and whichever box it falls in is the activity to do. I can swap out the activities if I think of new ones cause they're just on little slips of paper.

I can't take a good photo so you'll have to deal with the partial blurriness.

MadeAThing

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Mod Squad

That's SO FREAKING COOL @Bay52VU!!!! I love, love, love this! Not only is the idea great but it looks so good too!

Builder

Thanks @Mona-RO.
Builder

@Bay52VU That is so cool and such a creative idea! You should share a tutorial on it or something so that we can all make our own versions, because I know that'd be something really helpful for me! ^^

Mod

@Bay52VU That is amazing!!!! Did you draw the background? It's such a wonderful idea! Smiley Happy
Builder

Thanks @Nessa17 I've just posted some instructions here Smiley Happy

Thanks @N1ghtW1ng yep I drew the background, although I just copied the shuttle picture off a drawing I found online Smiley Tongue If I'd had a printer I probably would've designed the background on my computer and printed it out, but no such luck haha Smiley Tongue 

Mod

[ Edited ]

I don't "art" as much I used to, but I try to dabble in a bit of photography when I can find the time. No more sketches, though: Those took waaaayy too long to pull off, and as a perfectionist, I'd never be satisfied with the end result anyway. (Seriously, I once spent 30 hours on a single drawing to try and make it perfect before I got fed up. Drove me up the wall. Photography's much less frustrating.)

Anyway, here's some examples:

Tron at Vivid

Luna.jpg

A Dance of Pearls.jpg

Builder

Wow those are great @Asche Smiley Very Happy How long have you been doing photography?
Top High Fived Authors