Casual scribe

HEY :) Get to know each other

HEY fellow RO forum users im relativeley new to the forums and thought a good way to get to know some of you is to introduce myself first Smiley Happy So im full time carer for my pop and my two younger sisters on more days than not. i have alot of physical issues and well as mental conditions and i find the forums to be quite handy for support. i hope everyone has had the same experience? so im 20yrs old and completed my hsc 2 years ago and am now studying medical terminology online. im not sure what to do after it but im looking at doing another online course as it suit me the best due to the nature of my work. im very interested int he medical field so if anyone is in these areas please feel free to share the pros and cons of each. Smiley Happy my favourite thing to do is work on horses and help to retrain them so i often use my weekends to do that when i can. i own 4 horses that myself and my family own. i love helping people as well esp if they are ahving a hard time. everyone deserve support so if you need anythign just shout out Smiley Happy
Super star contributor

Re: HEY :) Get to know each other

Hey @scared01! Nice to talk to you again Smiley Happy You sound like a really strong person to cope with your own health issues as well as caring for your sisters and your pop.

I just started nursing this year and it's pretty awesome if you're into medical stuff! I think it's a great field to be going in to because it's really hands on and caring and it's also a really stable field. Downside is it might be difficult to study online, though. 

Wow! What are your horses called? How do you retrain them, does it take a long time? 

Casual scribe

Its ok i have a good mentor to help me through it if i get stuck.

Theres 4. My mum has a horse called bell who im retraining for her. My youngest sister has a pony called stanley
My middle sister has an aged horse called tinkerbell and now since i sold my horse ive recently brought her a new horse called nova.
Retraining depends on the discipline and the horse itself. In average it takes between 2
1-3 years maybe more to at least get all the basics established properly and get them suitable foe their rider
Mod Squad

@DruidChild which units are you enjoying most in nursing? Smiley Happy

Super star contributor

That's so cool that you do that @scared01! Do you have a favourite horse? 

@Bree-RO Completely unexpectedly I really, really love biology haha. The unit where we learn all our practical skills is also amazing, we learnt how to take blood pressure yesterday Smiley Very Happy

Casual scribe

thats really cool @DruidChild

i dont have a favourite. i love them all. if i had my own horse it would prob be my fave but right now i dont have one so they are all equal to me

Mod Squad

[ Edited ]

Reckon you'll own a horse one day? Smiley Happy @scared01

Casual scribe

yeah probably @Bree-RO i sold my last horse to buy my sister a new horse but maybe oneday ill get one again

Mod

hey @scared01, great thread idea!

On the topic of horses, did you ever read/watch The Saddle Club? I used to loooove those books/TV shows and I went through a phase of being really interested in horses. They're something I'd like to learn more about, one day...

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Casual scribe

yeah i use to have the whole tv series and books then passed them onto my middle sister and then over time they got scratched or whatever and began getting rid of them. we still have some dvds and a few of the books, the ones my sister liked the most and now weve passed them onto our younger sister who now watches them, they have a new saddle club series out now with new characters and things in it.

theres  alot to learn about horses, everytime i do something witht hem i learn something new. its a forever learning process @letitgo

Top High Fived Authors