Builder

Re: How can I make this happen?

Makes me so angry @N1ghtW1ng we were 25 meters away and going back and forth, they took the stuff that was worth money and left the stuff that isn't worth as much, he's two weeks away from his finishing his apprenticeship too. 

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Community Manager

@j95 could you just use a google form?

Builder

Yeah could do, I was going to make it myself but the Google form thing looks like way easier and it'll probably crash less and work better @Ben-RO how do I make one
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Community Manager

Hmm let me know if the steps in this tutorial thing work: 

https://support.google.com/docs/answer/87809?hl=en

Or just go here and have a crack at it Smiley Happy

https://docs.google.com/forms

When you're done, click send and then click the "< >"  option, that'll give you the code you need to embed it in a web page Smiley Happy

You'll probably be able to work out when i figured out how to do this by when Infobus forms started getting embedded @j95Smiley Tongue

Builder

ok great thanks, I'm looking now, do you know if theres an option for a drop down box where the options disappear once they have been selected? so for booking times etc if 4:15 is taken I dont want it show up anymore if thats a thing i can do @Ben-RO

Community Manager

Hmm, that's a very good question @j95 I am just trying to think through ways to do this with google forms. There might be another tool out there that lets you do it though. Maybe @Ngaio-RO could suggest one?

Builder

yeah i mean i could always call the person up and tell them that time is no longer available but that sort of ruins the whole convenience of online booking, if you or Ngaio think of anything taht would be great @Ben-RO
Community Manager

Hey @j95 Don't underestimate the benefits of speaking directly to someone.

I'm old and I'm the kind of person that skips straight past online booking forms and will call instead. I never trust online booking forms for that type of work. I always prefer to speak to the contractor directly.

Have you thought about doing a bit of focus testing, before you put lots of energy and some money into it? You could call around anyone you know that fits the demographic who would use your business and ask them how they most like to book services.

Builder

Also do you get alerts when people answer? How does that part work does it go to your email or to an app or something? @Ben-RO
Community Manager

You click responses in the form, then click "create sheet" then click across to the form and click "tools" and then "notification rules"

You can set it up to sling you an email every time someone sends you a form Smiley Happy

Top High Fived Authors