Mod

Re: How can I make this happen?

That's awesome @j95 Smiley Happy
Builder

Went to my local primary school hoping to talk to them about this, and one of the receptionist used to be one of my carers a few years ago, I was hoping she'd remember me, she didn't at first and it was a bit awkward and uncomfortable haha
Community Manager

Oh no. I can't believe she didn't remember you! How did it go after that @j95 You get anywhere with them?

Builder

She did, after I stood there like remember me because of this and this, and awkwardly stood there for a bit haha @Ngaio-RO They can put me in the back of their newsletter if I can do their customers a deal or do some work for their school, so they were really helpful
Community Manager

Amazing! Well done @j95 That sounds like a great outcome.

Parents are exceptional at word of mouth because they all want to make sure anyone coming into their home is reliable and safe. You'll only need to pick up a couple of clients and they'll start telling each other about you. 

Is that what you were aiming for or was it something else?

Builder

Yeah that's what I was aiming for @Ngaio-RO I need to do a few more things to make sure I'm ready for people to be contacting me and then I'll go back and they'll put my ad in for me.
When I'm more established I might try and do some stuff with kids but I'm just trying to get it off the ground first
Mod

That is so awesome @j95! It must've been so awkward! Smiley Tongue It is amazing what you are doing, I'm glad they were able to help you. Smiley Happy
Builder

Yeah was a tad awkward, I think she only had me for a few months so that might of been why she was like whattt? Yeah I'm glad it worked out @N1ghtW1ng
Mod

I sometimes walk past people I know and it's just, should I say hi or what? Smiley Tongue
Also, I forgot to say congratulations on 13,000 posts @j95! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy You are an amazing and thoughtful member of this community. Smiley Happy
Builder

Been doing paperwork and stuff all afternoon, it will all be worth it though 

Top High Fived Authors