Builder

Re: How can I make this happen?

UPDATE: today I did my first job for it, went pretty well, just sticking to the basics and doing quick cashies at the moment but it'll expand.
Got a fair few likes on Facebook about to hit the 100 mark.
My boss unfortunately is not happy that I've been using the work car they've given me to do my own jobs ah so that might hold things back but I shall find a solution
Community Manager

Amazing job @j95 on all of it. Getting sytarted, doing the work and dealing with the hurdle of the car issue in a really positive way.

I don't know what your boss is like or what your relationship with him/her is like but is there any way you could negotiate something? As in, if it's money could you pay a 'lease' type fee for it? Or if it's insurance could you look into if it's possible to get some extra or something?

Also, I don't know your age or location but have you heard of Go Get? They have cheap options for students. As well as insurance for 21 and over. It just gets a bit more expensive if you're under 21. They may not be cheaper than just hiring a ute but maybe check them out. I used them in my last work and they're pretty damn cheap as well as having a range of cars you can use.

A solution will come!!

Builder

[ Edited ]

@Ngaio-ROI had my own but when they gave me a work car I sold mine. I think it's insurance and cost, cause they pay for petrol, so if I was to do a job ages i'd be using their money to get petrol in order to make my own money, nothing in for them. If I wanted to I could go do a job hours away and be using heaps of their money and all that stuff, and I crash it's an insurance issue. They don't mind me using on weekends and all that for personal use but if it's to make my own money, probs not. But I could work something out with him, like I'll pay for the petrol or something. 
Thank you, I'll have a look at that, awesome thanks Smiley Happy

Builder

Ok so I might have a solution, seems straight forward but might not be in terms of insurance and stuff, a guy I used to work with is going away for 4 months in March, he's got a ute, and I might be able to use it while he's gone, and that gives me time to get my own
Mod

That sounds like a plan @j95. Is there a way for your friend to cover your use of his vehicle?

I know nothing about insurance, but is that an option?
Builder

Yeah I think it's as easy as him cancelling his cover and me putting my own cover on it, but it'd still be registered in his name unless we did a transfer which doesn't seem worth it for 4 months cause we would have to change it back @N1ghtW1ng it's very much possible it's just the legal side of things
Builder

an awesome thing about this is I dont have to pay for overheads and because I already work full time im not in a great hurry to get clients, obviously it would be great but i dont have to stress too much
Mod

That's awesome @j95! Not being in a hurry gives you the chance to slowly build up to your goals with way less stress. Smiley Happy
Have you had anymore clients recently?
Builder

Nah not really, I had the old lady and one other, and a few people have expressed interest but no jobs out of it, once I get my own car not my work's, I can put some advertising on it @N1ghtW1ng at the moment I'm really just trying to get this off the ground and do everything that's required for it to be worth it
Builder

Looking at getting a tshirt or jumper done for this!
Top High Fived Authors