Super frequent scribe

Re: Moving out

I've pretty much at least once every year in the past two years so I'm getting pretty good at it!

Something I've noticed is that every time I move I seem to have more and more stuff...so this year I'm making an effort to get rid of some things I don't need. It's not that easy because a lot of the things I have are trinkets and I'm very sentimental, haha.

Budgeting is definitely something you have to get used to. I know some people use apps to keep track of their costs but generally I just spend the end of every month tallying up everything to keep track.

Builder

My moving out was a bit messy. I was unsafe at home and before I officially moved out I would spend nights sleeping at parks (during tassie winter of all things) I spent a few weeks in a homeless shelter after that then couch surfed before I got a public housing place.
After a few months at a rehab centre on the mainland I moved into supported accommodation for mental health. After 18 months I moved into my own unit and I love it. I've been fully independent for over 2 years now.

And yes budgeting sucks sometimes especially on impulse buys which I tend to do too often
Star contributor

I only have 1 piece of advice, if you go through something fast (like cereal or pasta) buy it in or bulk or more at once to avoid overspending..... I found it easier to budget that way oh and p.s. bread freezes well Smiley Tongue
Mod

@Nat8 haha yes we always freeze bread at my place, and then forget to take bread out the night before and have frozen sandwiches Smiley Tongue
Builder

Haha yes we freeze bread too and I quickly put it in the toaster to defrost when I have a sandwich, sometimes they taste a bit gross that way though.
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Star contributor

Yeah that's what I do, @j95.

@N1ghtW1ng hahaha not sure that would take off in a food store but hey if it work it works right? Smiley Tongue
Highlighted
Builder

I'm super lucky as we have bread supplied to us and some foods, depends whats in the communal fridge. 
I think my next plan of budgeting is going to be good and help, fingers crossed. lucky i saved up money prior to moving because i knew i was going to over spend. lol

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count