Super frequent scribe

Re: Random questions

Where do i se myself in a year?

Hopefully finised school nd on a holiday in Canada!

Next question: 

If you could be any profession what would you want to be/do for a living?

Post Mod

Welcome on board, hopethepiano!

yes yes and yes @redhead Stargate is sweeet

Oooh this one is.. easy!!! I want to be a psychologist, hopefully clinical so working with young people in a counselling, talk therapy sort of way. I am a huge fan of ACT therapy so hope to be doing that.

Next question:
Summer vs winter? Which do you prefer and why
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle
Mod

@Craycray17 I'm so glad you made this thread, everyone's responses have been so interesting!!

Answer: Summer, all the way. I was born in a tropical country and then spent the first seven years of my life in another tropical country, so I'm used to heat and humidity. I'll wear pants in 30+ degree weather but don't expect me to not complain continuously if the weather dips into the low 10's

Next question: If you have dinner with a fictional character, who would it be and why?

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Laura Ingalls Wilder. I know she's technically a real person, but the Little House on the Prairie books are my greatest comfort, and have inspired all of my log cabin wilderness dreams.

Q. Do you believe in ghosts and have you ever encountered one?

Builder

[ Edited ]

@ElleBelle I didn't, until I saw one in our house, its of a little boy and he stands in our kitchen doorway you can see him briefly but by the time you actually look properly he is gone.

What is weirdest show you watch on TV, like whats something you wouldn't go out and tell you friends you're an avid fan of? For me its Escape To The Country and Gogglebox hahaha Smiley Indifferent

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Post Mod

Mine is DR PHIL!!!!

If you could go back in time and change a time you really embarrassed yourself, would you?
Builder

[ Edited ]

Ah Dr Phil I love that show!!
My answer to that question would probably be no, because I always learn something after I embarrass myself. There is always something to take from it like to think before you speak, don't try and fit a whole slice of pizza your my mouth at once, chew your food so you don't choke in a restaurant, watch where you're going so you don't nearly get hit by a tram and have someone drag you out of the way etc etc

Have you ever been to professional sport live like the AFL, NRL or cricket? What did you like/dislike about the experience? If the answer is no, here is another question, what is something you did as a child but now cringe over? For me it was sleeping in my school clothes a couple of times because it was quicker to get ready in the morning.

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Post Mod

Yes I have many times! I loves going to the footy as a kid. I went recently again and liked it, but was taken aback by how much the supporters around me Boo'ed the other team and players! It might just be because I haven't been in a while, but it's kind of a bad sport attitude! And in school we get told that booing is bad, but adults collectively do it at the footy? I was quite uncomfortable with it. Also the sexism is VERY apparent at the footy, which I would argue is totally a man's space.

When I was REEEEAAALLLY young, I would run around butt naked for fun around the house, but then when my sister was really young and started doing it, I, as a slightly older kid, did it with her too. Now I look back and cringe becayse whilst it was fine when I was super young, like 2, I wish I didn't do it when I was a bit older because it's so embarrassinggggg and awks... and on camera... Hahaha

Question: What is a quality you really admire in someone in your life, and how do you express that same quality?
Builder

Hahaha yeah awks!

I think that quality may be honesty. I have a friend who will tell you the truth if you need to hear it and doesn't shy away from talking about the hard stuff which I think is really admirable given how difficult that can be. I try to use that quality by being honest with myself and others.. I try this with myself by doing what I want to do not what others want me to, trust myself but also know my limits. I do this for other people by being open about issues involving them; if I have a problem I talk to them about it (nicely though) and try to sort things out, I am true to my word, can own up to my mistakes and try to be trusted.
It's late so if that made no sense please forgive me.

Have you ever eaten something strange or out of the ordinary?
Mod

Have I? Oh man, the stories I could tell! Hahaha. I'm going to talk about the one that will least offend people. Hahaha.

So at the end of Multicultural week, the uni puts on a food fair where the students cook dishes from their home country.

So it is like 'AWESOME free food!' 'Let's try everything!'

That philosophy got me in a bit of a pickle when I tried this one dish from Indonesia. It was a green ball covered in coconut. Which was all fine and good. I bit into it in front of their stall and then this gooy liquid burst out into my mouth and my gag reflexes set in. It was so awkward, I just kept on saying over and over again in my head, 'swallow, swallow'. It was like the longest minute of my life. Then I slowly walked away and dumped the rest of it on a table, hopefully out of sight.

I hope you are satisfied with that answer @j95

What is a weird habit of yours?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Top High Fived Authors