Mod

Re: Surfing!!

Sorry @j95, haven't been on for a bit. Little bit of a bump at home.

Lol, I wish I could teach people how to surf. It's funny how the water is so cold but the energy and exhiliration just ends up making you feel hot. Do you get that too?

Builder

Yeah so true!! The temperature of the water so does no matter! the feeling of being in the ocean makes it awesome. Last time I went out, I went out soooo far I was like omg this is too far then I thought I saw soemthing in the water (I think my mind was playing tricks on me) and I was like fuck fuck get back to shore get backkkk and I couldn't, so I tried to keep all limbs on the surfboard which was hard when there is oncoming waves hahaha it's quite funny now that i look at it, I'm sure people on the shore were thinking I was being a bit weird @RevzZ

I was thinking the other day about surfing is a bit like life in general, you're going to have bad days, things will get bumpy and you'll get knocked down but if you just keep coming back up from those knocks eventually you'll be carving it up
Mod

j95 wrote:

I was thinking the other day about surfing is a bit like life in general, you're going to have bad days, things will get bumpy and you'll get knocked down but if you just keep coming back up from those knocks eventually you'll be carving it up

That's such an awesome analogy, and definitely true Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

Popped my shoulder out surfing yesterday - but I'm built tough Smiley Tongue 

Mod

Ouch @j95, glad you're okay Smiley Happy There's a kid in my martial arts class who feels no pain, locks would break his joints before he tapped out Smiley Tongue
Builder

Yeah hurt so bad the ambos gave me the green whistle and popped it back in @N1ghtW1ng 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
Casual scribe

I'm in university surf club now. I want to enjoy the company of my friends without drinking.
Builder

Great!! @BunnyWalks That is awesome! I feel like there is a bit of a negative drinking culture in our society around needing alcohol to have fun, but you don't
Builder

By the way @BunnyWalks how is the surfing going? Can you stand up yet?
Casual scribe

@j95 I do like spending time with 1 drink but not the type to grab a slab. Spending time with someone sober is.... intimate almost.

Oath mate could get my legs up on a foamie . It is intimidating to hang with those who've been doing it as teens.

I join the trips to uni games to get the best of times

How bout you mate ? What can you tell me about your surf journey ?
Top High Fived Authors