Mod

Re: Your daily dose of SCIENCE awesomeness!!!

Hahaha yes indeed Asche!!

Thanks so much for tip!!!
Mod

[ Edited ]
Mod

So scientists may have found the neural source of consciousness!!!!!! Such exciting stuff!!!!

http://www.sciencealert.com/harvard-scientists-think-they-ve-pinpointed-the-neural-source-of-conscio...
Mod

Thanks for the update @Autumn23, That's seriously cool. Neuroscience is advancing so fast I'm actually beginning to hope that my dreams of being able to directly upload information into my head is going to come true during our lifetime. Smiley Tongue

In other (slightly more outdated) brain-news, we've started being able to grow brains in the lab! They're still a ways-off from the real thing, but the idea of having brain-jars like in Futurama isn't so crazy anymore.

Generation of cerebral organoids from human pluripotent stem cells

cerebral organoid

Mod

Placebo effect!!

Mod

[ Edited ]

Thanks to a new non-invasive neural electrode designed by researchers at the University of Melbourne, bionic-assisted technokinesis may be a reality in less than 6 years. 

In less techno-babbley terms: HOLY CRAP WE'LL BE ABLE TO MOVE STUFF WITH OUR BRAINS, YOU GUYS.

Mod

@Asche Holy moly that is crazy!!!!! Thanks so much for the post!!

Mod

Soooooo cats can infect humans with a parasite called Toxoplasma gondii........ which has been associated mental disorders including bi polar and schizophrenia! According to this article, 50% of the global population may be infected!!!

http://www.sciencealert.com/we-finally-know-how-the-mind-altering-cat-parasite-controls-our-immune-r...

So basically, CATS ARE EVIL!!!!!

cat

In case you need more proof:

cat

Yours sincerly, 

A dog person Smiley Very Happy

Mod

@Autumn23 Evil, or geniuses?

Or possibly, evil geniuses? Smiley Tongue

Mod

They found a fully preserved freakin feathery dinosaur tail in an amber!!!! Article here.

Dino tail

Scientists believe it belonged to a juvenile coelurosaur, a bird-like carnivorous dino from the Cretaceous era.

I find this incredible since it was being sold at a market labelled as plant material.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Top High Fived Authors