Mod

Re: Your daily dose of SCIENCE awesomeness!!!

All about preservatives!

Mod

Wow that is really cool @stonepixie, thanks so much for sharing!!!

@Chessca_H most definitely evil hahaha I don't think there is anything genious about cats making their food providers unwell..... 

cat

Mod

So I've decided to start reading my science books from Dr Karl (I have no idea how to spell his last name Smiley Tongue)
I have four of them, one is even signed! Cat LOL The first one I have is his 27th book, it's ten years old! I wonder if he's done any more books...
Mod

Pluto might be a planet again!! Check out this article here! The man who did the New Horizons mission wants to reclassify what a planet is, which means that Pluto would become a planet! Along with a hundred other bodies in space but hey, yay to Pluto! Smiley Very Happy

Apparently, according to the current specifications of a planet, Earth and even Jupiter don't actually qualify Smiley Tongue

Mod

@N1ghtW1ng I may have to steal your signed Dr Karl book Smiley Tongue seriously though, that's so awesome Smiley Very Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

Never @lokifish!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Tongue

It's this one that's signed Smiley Very Happy

Mod

[ Edited ]

A slight cheat, since this is technically engineering, and not science. It's still really cool though.

(Ignore the 51 billion lives bit, it's more than a little disingenuous, to say the least. Detection of malaria is not the same thing as treating malaria, and there aren't anywhere near 51 billion people alive in the first place. The only reason why they approached that number is that it's been estimated that 51 billion people have been afflicted with malaria...in the entirety of human history. The engineering feat IS huge though (and you can buy your own kit for around $30), it just sucks that it got stuck with such a facetious and clickbait-y title.)

Top High Fived Authors