Highlighted
Mod

[Special guest] 20th of April - Noel and Finances

[ Edited ]

Ever had a question about money, debt or bills? Finding you have no money left after just getting paid? Is it difficult to make and stick to a budget?

NoMoneyKSchmidt.gif 

On Thursday the 20th of April at 8pm AEST we will have Noel, a financial counselor with The Salvation Army's Moneycare service, to answer all of your anonymous questions about money, budgeting or even just dealing with debt.

Whether your wondering how to avoid bill shock, negotiating debt repayments or even just making and sticking to a budget - Noel has the answers. So ask him a question here:

Or join us on Thursday the 20th of April 8pm AEST to talk about all things financial.

Re: [Special guest] 20th of April - Noel and Finances

Hey Everyone!

Tonight, we are talking about finances with @Noel-Moneycare, a finance counsellor who has joined us for tonights infobus!  We will be talking about money, budgets and debts.  Noel will also be answering your anonymous questions throughout the chat!

If you are facing financial difficulty and would like someone to talk to you can contact Financial Counselling Australia on 1800 007 007

If at all you find this conversation difficult, distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, please don’t hesitate to call lifeline (13 11 14) or Kids Helpline (1800 55 1800) or contact them through email or webchat.

If you are new or need a refresher of our community guidelines, you can find them here.
Community Manager

Hey everyone! Nice to see y'all! And a very special welcome to @Noel-Moneycare, thanks for joining us tonight! 

Builder

First question up!

1. How important is money to you? Do you save it, spend it all or have some debt?

Community Manager

1. How important is money to you? Do you save it, spend it all or have some debt?

Money is pretty important to me, it's taken a while to realize that. I'm in a little debt, but working hard to not be in debt anymore Smiley Happy 
Mod

Money is really important to me, I try to save it but always seem to go over my allocated spending limit. I have debt but am repaying at small intervals. I try to do my best at budgeting but sometimes fail, but thats okay Smiley Happy

Hey everyone!!!

How important is money to you? Do you save it, spend it all or have some debt?

I have mixed feelings about money. I'm not yet of the age where I have to support myself, so I'm kind of new to the concepts of like earning and saving and budgeting and stuff. I do try to save what I have though.

Builder

1. How important is money to you? Do you Save it, spend it all or have some debt?

Money is only a little important to me at this very moment since I'm 17 and don't have a job at the moment (mainly health reasons) so mu Mum supports me.  The money I do get I save.  I've earned a small amount of money over time and I try to save it or if my Mum needs it I give it to her.

Community Manager

That's great @roseisnotaplant Smiley Happy Saving a little here and there adds up over time into a lot Smiley Happy

Builder

How important is money to you? Do you Save it, spend it all or have some debt?

Money is pretty important to me. I try to save but always go over budget. But luckily I'm not in debt and have enough to live off

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar