Community Manager

Re: [Special guest] 20th of April - Noel and Finances

Do you have any money saving tips?

I use an app that takes a little bit off every purchase i make. So like if i buy a coffee for 3.50, it rounds it up to 4 bucks and saves the extra 50 cents. I never really notice the little bit extra that comes out of my account, but it all adds up to quite a bit of extra saved money! Smiley Happy 

Mod

What can you do to get help if things get a bit out of control?

Don't panic! Debts can be talked about with the people you owe money to (Creditors). So get a bit of advice from @Noel-Moneycare about how to have that conversation and work out what to do next. Definitely don't get an expensive loan to pay off a bill, you'll end up paying a loooot more than you need to in interest! 

Builder

Ask people around you if they can five you a bit of a hand for a bit or talk to a financial counsellor.
Special Guest Contributor

Talk to a Financial Counsellor, they offer a free confidential service to people in financial hardship. Financial Counsellors will explain what options are available to you and you then make a decision that best suits your needs. Please call 1800 007 007 and they will contact you with the nearest service available throughout Australia.

Mod

Give the National Debt Line a call on 1800 007 007 to talk to a free financial counselor.

[ Edited ]

Well, that's all the time we have for tonight. Thank you to @Noel-Moneycare for joining us for this Infobus and providing your knowledge about all things financial.

ffff.gif

If you find yourself in financial hardship or just want to talk to a financial counselor, please give 1800 007 007 a call to be connected to your local free financial counseling service.

Your anonymous questions will be answered soon and posted to the thread, so stay tuned for those answers!

And after that wonderful infobus, you might just want to relax click here to enjoy a soothing nature documentary.

Goodnight everyone Smiley Very Happy
Community Manager

Night everybody! Thank you so much for the great chat! And an extra big thanks to @Noel-Moneycare for helping us learn a lot more about finances Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Builder

Take care guys. Thanks @Noel-Moneycare for the great chat and expert advice!

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors