Mod

Re: Depression- Really Struggling

It's okay @scared01, sometimes I get that feeling too. So is going to your podiatrist something you find relatively easy? Whereas your psychiatrist and the others are hard?
Contributor

the podiatrist i think i need as i find it its helping me.

i dont find going to the others that helpful esp when they are all super close together @N1ghtW1ng

Mod

So if you spread out the appointments, would that make them easier to go to?
Contributor

I dont think so. Ive been spreading them out well trying to avoid going and its not helping i still dont want to go
Community Manager

@scared01

I have actually talked to a few people who have talked about feeling just tired of endless appointments and endless "rehabilitation" which can mean a lot more than recovering from an injury- for example. Sometimes it's okay to take a moment just to be where you're at before you're ready to continue. It is okay to take a step back from treatment if that's the case, although i do encourage you to talk through that with the people supporting you, as they can often help you do that safely or give you things you can do to kind of keep things heading in the right direction Smiley Happy

However I would also say stress and fatigue are things that don't really sit in neat little boxes, they're generally kind of all lumped in together in a giant stress blob. For example if we're stressed about something a friend said to us and also running late for work, we don't feel where one type of stress ends and the other type of stress begins. Sometimes we even kind of transfer the stress from one problem onto another problem. Like the stress of running late to work might us be a bit more cranky in our first meeting than we otherwise would.

Anyway what I'm getting at is you have mentioned that you are doing a lot of caring and support for family and also things have been pretty tough with feeling scared and worried too. Could it be that the stress from that is making going to all the appointments stressful? The reason i am wondering is because the appointments are the easy thing to control.

Contributor

I don't know @Ben-RO

Maybe its also the fact that i have to keep going into my past amd stuff and i really am.not keen on doing that
Highlighted
Mod

Does it feel confronting going into your past all the time? Is there anything you could talk about in your sessions that you feel would benefit you? Like maybe talking about goal setting or strategies for times you get really anxious?

Yes as they want me to get to the abuse and the dog attack and family and all of those are MASSIVE triggers for me. Im doing program atm to help with SI and SH and then going forward from there i guess
Mod

Have you spoken to your psychologist how these are triggers for you?

Yes i have a few times now. So ahe sent me to a SH program to get that under control as i have a few coping strategies them im doing dbt therapy then eventually getting back to the ptsd events

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors