Uber contributor

Re: Depression- Really Struggling

You are worth lots and you matter @scared01. Heart I'm around if you need to talk. I think it's awesome that you've been using your strategies to help you today! How have you been going with those? 

I dont really know what to say to say that will help, but just remember we're here and we've got your back. You can get through this! 

Star contributor

I dont feel like im worth anything @DruidChild im such a dissapointment to everyone and everything.
The strategies are just not cutting it for me
Mod

What about some of the self-care strategies you mentioned somewhere else (I think it was looking after yourself after tough times...), have you tried any of those @scared01?

I know that it can be hard to believe that you're worth something but everyone has worth. Everyone matters.
Uber contributor

[ Edited ]

You're worth so much and it's okay to struggle sometimes @scared01 Heart If the normal strategies aren't working, have you got anyone to talk to about how you're feeling, or any go to strategies for when you're really struggling?

I like using STOP skill - it's an acronym where

S stands for stop, slow down, and be still for a bit. 

T stands for take a step back, take some deep breaths and disengage yourself from the situation. 

O stands for observe. Look at what's happening as objectively as you can - as though someone pressed the pause button.

P stands for proceed mindfully, choose what to do next based on what will make you feel better. 

You're NOT a disappointment @scared01, in fact I think you're a very strong, smart, brave, kind and caring person. Heart

Builder

Hey @scared01,

I hope everything is going ok tonight. How was your day? Were there any positive things that happened?

I don't have a lot to add as a lot of great ideas have already been said. I will repeat what everyone else has said that is, you are valued, you are important and you are respected by all here at RO. I have been so inspired by your courage to speak about what has happened in your personal life, and I know that, in time, everything will get better.

Mod

@scared01 I'm sorry to hear that today has been particularly tough, and I'm sorry for your loss. The loss of a loved one is never easy, and it sounds like your nan was a very special person in your life. It can take a long time for these feelings to feel less overwhelming and allowing yourself time to process everything you're feeling is totally okay. You are allowed to grieve in your own way and time.
Perhaps you could write about some treasured memories with your nan during your journaling time tonight?

As @DruidChild mentioned, the STOP skill can be a really helpful technique. Do you think you could give that a try? Holding an ice cube in your hand is another strategy to cope with SH urges.

Sometimes when we feel down, our thoughts can convince us that we are worthless or can lead us to assuming what others think of us. I'm wondering if you would feel up to challenging some of these thoughts?
Uber contributor

Omg @scared01 I definitely meant to say that you're NOT a disappointment, you are an absolutely womnderful person and I just made a typo. I'm so so so sorry!!!

Star contributor

@DruidChild @khaleesi_18@tomo_13 @N1ghtW1ng @letitgo

thanks guys.

i cant cope anymore. mum and i had another argument. she thinks im sneaking around as i went out at 7 30, i tried to contact her but her phone was off. she hates me. she just tells me to grow up.

oh and now im a smart a## becasue i was telling her what appointments i had the coming week.

i cant win. im done.

i called a helpine already and i pretty much brushed everything off. i dislosed what happened to me and i just fell apart. ive compleley lost it.

im a MONSTER!!!

Star contributor

i am a total monster and a smarta55 and a sneaky liar and all the rest of it.
im a total loser, who deserves nothing.
i cant breathe, i cant focus and none of my coping strategies are working. i feel empty but full of emotions at the same time i dont even know how thats possible.
my mum hates me as with everyone else.

@khaleesi_18 @tomo_13@DruidChild

Mod Squad

@scared01 have you given Kids Helpline a try or Lifeline? How often are you seeing a counsellor? Thinking of you tonight, but trying to figure out a way to make sure you get the utmost support. Heart

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count