Contributor

Re: Depression- Really Struggling

hi @Bree-RO

i was talking to the cousellor i usually speak to, i feel really bad though, i wasnt in a good headspace and i wasnt the most polite and i kinda ignored her suggestions. i couldnt even think straight. i feel terrible so add that one to the list of wrongs so far.

people are concerned, dont know why but i  dont really want to see a counselor or anything anymore, i dont know why. its not them its me. i dont know if its all the probing or anything but i just done feel up to it at the momet.

i have pscyh on tuesday and gp on wednesday which i see both of them weekly but ive been cancelling alot and pushing the appointments away.

Mod Squad

@scared01 Mmm I am hearing you. Feel like it's too much unpacking at the moment between psych/counsellor/gp?

That's understandable. Have you thought about trying some different counselling/therapy options, then whatever works with you stick to?Just wondering if you have too much going on?

Contributor

i have a heap to do and ive already reduced it to least amount as i can @Bree-RO

i see my gp once a week

i see my psych once a week (SP psych atm)

i get a phone call from ataps once a week ( comes with the suicide prevention program)

a psychiatrist every 2-3 weeks as well

then i see other health professionals for injuries

so if i add all them in on a week they are all there

it would be phone call, psych, gp and psychiatrist and what ever other health professional such as podiatrist all in one week, then i also have the kids helpline that i often use and pretty much talk to them every week or two or more if need be

Contributor

me and mum still arent talking, she wont even look at me, she wont talk to me and wont respond to msgs.

im a failure Smiley Sad

why am i this way? i hate myself so much

Mod

Hey @scared01 :-)

Sorry to hear you're feeling like a failure. Would you like to talk about what's going on with your mum?

Contributor

i guess so @JanaG

she thinks because i go out now, that im sneaking around. yet everytime i tell her where im going even if its an appointment she gets angry at me.

Mod

That sounds really frustrating, @scared01! What does she think you're doing when you're 'sneaking around'? 

Contributor

i dont really know @JanaG

the first thing that comes to mind is im doing something illegal  (drugs etc) or that im meeting up with a guy.

both very untrue

i msged her last night as she wouldnt talk to me and said that i told her i was struggling with my mental health, i find that sometimes i need to get out of the house and soemtimes just go for a drive to help clear my mind which is what i did last night.

before i went out i even msged her as i was outside and said, im going for a drive i might go and get the girls an ice cream which is what i did and as she didnt get the msg i actually rang her when i got there to also let her know where i was

Mod

She sounds really concerned about you, @scared01. You said "because I go out now," which gives me the impression that going out to clear your mind is a recent occurrance. Am I understanding you correctly?

Contributor

@JanaG 

its not going out so much its more getting treatment such as chiro, podiatrist psychologist and gp.

i still hardley go out at all other than that and when i do go out i tell her everywhere im going and when and all the rest.

shes not concerned @JanaG shes annoyed at me. ever since i told her i was struggling she treats me even more like sh*t

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors