Super frequent scribe

Re: Depression- Really Struggling

No @DruidChild

I have no one
Mod Squad

Hi @scared01 - I'm sorry to read you're feeling like you don't have anyone to turn to and I'm glad to see that you're allowing the RO community to support you at the moment. 

I've been very impressed with how wonderfully you're supporting other RO members today and I can see that the RO community really values your input!

Sometimes parents' don't know how to respond to distress in their children and they can feel powerless and afraid. This can present as frustration or anger directed at the child. I'm not sure if that is how your mum is feeling but it might be something to consider.

How is your garden drawing coming along? I wonder if you might like to post a photo of it when it is done to show off your skills? Up to you of course!

Keep up the amazing peer support on the RO forums - you're doing beautifully in this space.

Gen - RO

Frequent scribe

Hey there,

Just wanted to ask a question, I'm not exactly sure whether I would identify as someone with depression. I'm 14 and high school isn't always the best. I'm seen as the popular kid and no one ever really cares about me yet I'm stuck caring for everyone else. I'm also not enjoying most of the things that I used to and honestly just don't care about anything anymore. I feel like no one else knows what I'm going through. I feel like I get mad for the simplest of things. Then I get snappy and sometimes even violent. When I'm mad I also imagine wrecking things and clench up my hands. But idk if that's an ok habit. I'm also a child with a lot of energy. I have a lot o fenergy to burn and sometimes I can't study or listen on anything that the teacher is saying because I just keep losing focus. I just feel different to everyone else in the grade, like I'm weird and stupid. Sorry and I know I sound kinda stupid but I was just wondering if you could help me figure out what is wrong with me and if there is a name for what I'm going through

Frequent scribe

And hey, good luck with the garden! I do water colour as well and I was wondering if maybe you could share a photo? (no pressure). If it was cool with you I'd love to copy it and put some water colour on it. Again, only if you are comfortable Smiley Tongue

Mod Squad

Hey @AlexandriaD 

Giving you a definite answer or a label for what is going on for you is not something that can be done on RO - as working that out would take time and would need to be done by a face-to-face health professional - a Psychologist or a GP. In saying that, it sounds like you're having a pretty hard time at the moment and feeling like some of your emotional experiences are out of control. It can be incredibly overwhelming when we feel like we have to be everyone else's support and no one seems to recognise that we are struggling ourselves.

As a 14 year old - it is likely that there are lot of things going on in your world - including: school challenges, friendship difficulties, hormonal changes (among other things!). I think that people can sometimes underestimate how challenging it is to be a teenager!

The fact that you're noticing things - that you are getting angry easily, have a lot of energy and are not as interested in things that might have been interesting once upon time - is really positive! Sometimes people struggle to even notice what is going on for them!

Do you have a counsellor or a psychologist at your school? It might be worthwhile making a time to see them to discuss how you're feeling. What do you think?

Gen - RO

Super frequent scribe

hi  Gen @TOM-RO

its not anger or fear Gen. she hates me . im a monster and freak and i dont think i can change her views now.

its easier to help others than to help yourself and its in my nature to care more for other than myself otherwise i feel so selfish and even more horrible than before.

though i know sometimes i have to take a step back from the forums despite how hard it is so i can get my head together so i can support others.

i have a cracking migranie and still arguing with my mother so thats not helping anything. i havent really done much drawing today. i just went out and got some more art supplies as i was pretty much out of it all.

im not very skilled lol but if i can put it up then i will but i dont know how to upload a pic on here yet...?

ive decided to fill up a scrapbook full of flowers etc then work on the garden so i can perfect the styles of trees, flowers and butterflies in the picture. ill be happy to show you those as well as i finish them.

Super frequent scribe

hi @AlexandriaD 

i think it would be best to talk to your Gp about getting an assessment and a mental health plan to see a psychologist as @TOM-RO we cant diagnose on here.

you dont sound stupid at all @AlexandriaD

alot of people on here are in need of support, or dont know whats happening to them but the best and the first thing i reccomend is getting to your gp so they can do an assesment for you, that way people can help you to your specific diagnosis

but we are still happy to chat to you anytime you feel you need it or just a chat in general. thats what the forums are for Smiley Happy

Super frequent scribe

and sure @AlexandriaD when i get the pic up you can use it Smiley Happy

but might take a while to get it up and running as im working on each style of butterfly, trees and flowers before i attempt the final product

Mod Squad

Hey @scared01

I don't believe that anyone who can offer such genuine care to others the way you do could ever be a monster or a freak. I'm sorry that you are seeing yourself that way.

Self-care is hugely important so when you need to take time away from the forums to rest and recharge your batteries please do so! Especially with a migraine - you might need to limit your exposure to staring at a screen.

Keep up with your drawing if it is helpful! Smiley Happy

You'll notice when you're typing a message that there is a text formatting bar above the text box - and there is a box with a mountain and sun in it. If you take a photo with your phone and email it to yourself as an attachment - you can then download the photo onto your computer, save it to your desktop or into another folder and then use that mountain/son button to upload it to your RO post. I hope that's clear! If not - and you have a tech savvy family member or friend - ask them for some help Smiley Happy

I'm about to finish up for the day with a new mod taking over from me so take care of yourself!

Gen - RO

Frequent scribe

Hi @TOM-RO I'm just not that comfortable seeing people face to face. I kinda feel awkward.

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors