Frequent scribe

Re: Depression- Really Struggling

That would be brillian @scared01

Frequent scribe

Uhhhhhh @scared01? U ditching me? Haha Smiley LOL

Super frequent scribe

haha yep ive got 2 younger sisters and they do the same to me.

what about a trusted teacher? or year advisor? or sports coach ?

ok @AlexandriaD ill be happy to give you some strategies...

1. You seem to like art.. am i right? that could help you. whenever you feel like your getting angry or getting overwhelmed you can release some of that by just doing some scribbles on a blank page to release some tension and feelings of frustration.

it can also help you by taking your attention from your feelings to something else like your art work. concentrate on something else that keeps you occupied.

2. Deep Breathing. i use the 3-3-3 method. so you breathe in for 3 seconds hold for 3 seconds and breathe our for 3 seconds. continue doing that for a few time until you feel yourself start to relax or calm down.

4. tis one is pretty much medtation/deep breathing put together- which is breathe in notice how it fills your belly, hold for 3 breathe out and release that tension that you feel and keep continuing on until you feel calmer

5.Meditation, there are heaps of you tube videos and phone apps that can help you throught this, i found 1 GIANT MIND particuarly helpful do you could try that

6. mindfulness- there are so many different way to do mindfulness

A) listen to your favourite song and concentrate on one specific thing such as the words and what they mean, or the beat- what instruments can you hear in the song?

B)  take a look at your surroundings, what can you hear, what can you see, what can you smell, what can you taste.

C) pick up an object like a pencil. really notice how the texture feels, is it cold , warm, does it have a smell?

7. Go for a walk and take in the sights of nature, feel the breeze on you, notice how it feels

8. use other distraction methods such as reading a book, colouring in, drawing, watching a movie or your favourite tv show, hanging with friends, foing for a bike ride, or playing some sports

Super frequent scribe

@AlexandriaD

http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/docs/Info-anger%20coping%20strategies.pdf

take a look at this, this is great and a safe website to look at to help you understand your anger

Frequent scribe

Thank you so much!!!!

Frequent scribe

Just a question, are you in high school or uni? (no need to answer)

Super frequent scribe

@AlexandriaD Few more for you

9. Time out
This simply means removing yourself from the situation for a period of time, to give yourself a chance to cool down and think things through before you act.

10 .Silly humour
While it is not always possible to just ‘laugh your problems away’, you can often use humour to help you to take a step back from your anger.

11. Relaxation
Just as our bodies are strongly affected by our emotions, we can also influence our emotional state with our physical state.
Relaxation techniques, such as taking slow deep breaths or progressively tensing and relaxing each of your muscle groups, can help to reduce anger.

12. Self-talk and good thinking
How you are thinking affects how you are feeling, so focussing on negative thoughts such as ‘this is so unfair’ will maintain the angry feeling.
Make a list of more balanced statements you can say to yourself before, during and after difficult situations. For example:
Before: I know I can handle this; I have strategies to keep my anger under control and can take time out if I need to.
During: Remember to keep breathing and stay relaxed. There is no need to take this personally. I can manage this.
After: I handled that well. Even though I felt angry I didn’t raise my voice too much and I think I got a better result.

Super frequent scribe

also there are heaps of helplines that can help you out as well

1. KIDS HELPLINE             https://kidshelpline.com.au

2. HEADSPACE                    https://www.headspace.org.au

3. BEYOND BLUE

Super frequent scribe

3. BEYOND BLUE   https://www.beyondblue.org.au

@AlexandriaD all of these have phone numbers so they are easy to get in contact with i only wait about 5 minutes or there is there webchats as well

ive given you there webiste as they ahve heaps of information abot coping and things too

Super frequent scribe

@AlexandriaD 

i finsihed my HSC 3 yrs ago now and currently studying online and working as well

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors