Builder

ED shit again

My temporary case manager pulled me up on my eating disorder again today. When i was in hospital a bit over a week ago they re-flagged some concerns and reported it to case management. 

I'm terrified they'll force feed me. I wouldn't cope with that, I'm already way too fat. 

Mod Squad

Re: ED shit again

Heya @redhead sounds like an understandable worry. Has this happened to you before? I know that a symptom of ED is a slightly different perception of how we look, is there anyway you could have a chat to butterfly foundation? Might be able to offer a separate perspective...

Are you home tonight or hospital?

Builder

I was at home but I'm back in hospital.

They want me to eat Smiley Sad
Mod Squad

@redhead is there a nurse that you've gotten on well with? Or a Doc? I know sometimes it can seem really unfair and uncool but they are there to make sure you're safe.. Are there any other patients that you get on well with?

Builder

I hate my nurse this shift they won't let me exercise just because I nearly passed out :/

I want to do home
Community Manager

@redhead i guess they have to look out for your health and passing out, especially if you're not able to push back on the ED enough to eat could be really risky. I am thinking maybe you are not feeling like you want that kind of support right now though. Is that something we can try and unpack a little?

Casual scribe

Hey @redhead , as someone's who over come an ED in the past, i got back onto a healthy track but, just trying to eat the right amount of calories a day, I know it sounds a lil stupid and like something a gym member would recommended, but it helped me realise, this is how much a healthy person at my age and weight should be eating, and I felt i needed to meet that

This is probably the main catalyst that helped me slowly start eating more, and reaching that point in which i felt my ED no longer controlled me
Mod Squad

Hey @Mights thanks heaps for sharing this perspective, sounds like you feel you're managing the ED pretty well now?

Builder

[ Edited ]

@Mights it's good you were able to beat the ED

I just can't eat normally though. The amount of normal calories is too scary and sometimes i can't even drink my favourite tea because I was an idiot for putting something in my mouth.

The ED is messing with my heart. It's scary but right now I'm hoping it kills me.

Community Manager

Hey @redhead i can hear how hard it is to push back on the ED right now, or to even feel like pushing back Smiley Sad

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors