Super star contributor

Re: Empty

I'm glad you're feeling a little bit better and that your dad came over, sounds like a nice way to spend the day. Have you got any plans for the weekend @redheadHeart

Casual scribe

hey @redhead 

im wondering.. have you tied mindfullness to help ground yourself?

it mihgt work for you as you feel 'spaced out' and this can ground you and bring you back to the present moment.

so you can list the things you can see that are a specific colour, the sounds you can hear, the smells you can smell.

pick up a ball or something not dangerous or enticing that it and really focus on the texture, what does it feel like? is it cold? what colour is is? does it have a smell?

Builder

This evening those feelings are coming back
I had a flashback but I just felt numb.

It feels like I should die coz I feel dead.

I don't know how to explain this.

@scared01 mindfulness isn't helping. Nothing is helping tbh. If I try connecting to my sense they don't feel real or don't even exist.
I'm trying to play with physio putty but I can't.
Casual scribe

hi @redhead 

i wouldnt normally tell people to do this but its better than SH

have you ever tried holding an ice cube in your hand. it will freeze your hand and feel very cold so can put you back in touch with sense

or maybe try using an elastic band or rubber band and put it on your wrist and lift and let it lap down. this will cause like a stinging pain again not harmful but causes pain so an alternate to SH.

Do you see a psychologist by any chance?

Builder

@scared01 I tried the rubber band thing. I didn't feel it.

This is stupid, i don't even know what's wrong.
Mod Squad

Hey @redhead sorry you're feeling numb and dissociated. It's hard to make sense of it when it's happening. A powerful thing you can do is to accept that yes, you're feeling this way. When we resist what we're feeling, it can end up making us feel worse. By acceptance, we can free up the space taken up by the resisting energy.

As much as I love mindfulness, it doesn't always work immediately but I will encourage you to try a few more mindfulness strategies - perhaps a guided meditation audio or having a hot cup of tea slowly to ground yourself. 

Another option is a distraction activity like watching a video or a favourite, comforting movie/tv show. What do you think?

Casual scribe

hey @redhead

its not stupid, its common thing among us depression/anxiety people.

you can get through this. you just have to find out what works for you and until then im afraid it really it a matter of trail and error. im still finding what works for me too.

do you see a phych? maybe you could see your gp for some extra assistance..?

Mod

@redhead how're you doing today?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

I ended up talking to my case manager about this. We are just going to keep an eye on how things go.
Highlighted
Mod

That's good @redhead, we're here if you need us Smiley Happy

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors