Re: Feeling Isolated, Shutting down

THOUGHT CHALLANGING @Nat8 this pdf file is great for explaing this

https://www.anxietybc.com/sites/default/files/Challenging_Negative_Thinking.pdf

Star contributor

Star contributor

@scared01,

Thanks so much!! I really struggle with controlling my anxiety and intend to try these as over the years I have lost my ability to be really creative at the drop of a hat so will definitely look into all of these more as (if you haven't noticed) I love creative arts like music writing and reading so am sometimes full of ideas but struggle with putting them on paper so this to me is interesting
Star contributor

not a problem i just created a coping strategies thread and tagged you in it so your free to add your ideas in there and see what others come up with too Smiley Happy @Nat8

Star contributor

@scared01

Thanks. Will do.
Star contributor

Ok so... things have definitely calmed down but I am definitely left feeling like this isn't the right fit. I don't know how to get back out on my own in my current financial state and most certainly expect backlash for my actions. I've already gone off and left unexpectedly once a few days before Xmas and when I started this thread I wanted to leave again. I don't really know what to do, I have no reason to stay but no where to go and feel like I am stuck in an endless cycle.

Star contributor

what about creating new opportunities or trying new things to expand out abit more @Nat8

finances are hard to deal with but often there a support groups you could jin for free or do things that are low cost or free

Star contributor

@scared01, my anxiety makes it difficult to cope in new and social situations, top that off with the fact that I struggle with verbalising or expressing emotion its difficult to do. plus the average age are usually teens where as I am slightly older
Star contributor

well then youve always got the forums then @Nat8

we will still be here for you Smiley Happy

and happy to tlak to you about anything you like Smiley Happy

Mod

Feeling stuck can really suck, can't it, @Nat8?

How can we try to break this cycle for you, do you think? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors