Re: Feeling Isolated, Shutting down

THOUGHT CHALLANGING @Nat8 this pdf file is great for explaing this

https://www.anxietybc.com/sites/default/files/Challenging_Negative_Thinking.pdf

Super frequent scribe

Star contributor

@scared01,

Thanks so much!! I really struggle with controlling my anxiety and intend to try these as over the years I have lost my ability to be really creative at the drop of a hat so will definitely look into all of these more as (if you haven't noticed) I love creative arts like music writing and reading so am sometimes full of ideas but struggle with putting them on paper so this to me is interesting
Super frequent scribe

not a problem i just created a coping strategies thread and tagged you in it so your free to add your ideas in there and see what others come up with too Smiley Happy @Nat8

Star contributor

@scared01

Thanks. Will do.
Star contributor

Ok so... things have definitely calmed down but I am definitely left feeling like this isn't the right fit. I don't know how to get back out on my own in my current financial state and most certainly expect backlash for my actions. I've already gone off and left unexpectedly once a few days before Xmas and when I started this thread I wanted to leave again. I don't really know what to do, I have no reason to stay but no where to go and feel like I am stuck in an endless cycle.

Super frequent scribe

what about creating new opportunities or trying new things to expand out abit more @Nat8

finances are hard to deal with but often there a support groups you could jin for free or do things that are low cost or free

Star contributor

@scared01, my anxiety makes it difficult to cope in new and social situations, top that off with the fact that I struggle with verbalising or expressing emotion its difficult to do. plus the average age are usually teens where as I am slightly older
Super frequent scribe

well then youve always got the forums then @Nat8

we will still be here for you Smiley Happy

and happy to tlak to you about anything you like Smiley Happy

Mod

Feeling stuck can really suck, can't it, @Nat8?

How can we try to break this cycle for you, do you think? 

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors