Mod Squad

Re: Having thoughts I shouldn't..

Thanks for being brave and sharing that with us @mspaceK. Do you need medical attention? 

Builder

I did but not anymore. 

Mod Squad

@mspaceK that's good to hear you're okay, physically. It might be a good idea to still see a medical professional (maybe later?) to make sure you're totally okay. 

I'm really sorry by the way. I can understand the feelings of shame around it. I hope you are able to go easy on yourself because no one's perfect and sometimes when we're under a lot of stress, we can revert to unhealthy coping strategies. You're clearly going through a lot even if sometimes it feels like there's nothing wrong. What do you think of giving Kids Help Line a call (1800 551 800) to talk to someone about what you're going through? Having a real conversation can make a huge difference. To me it sounds like you need to find ways to de-stress and that's hard for you because you mentioned you feel guilty for taking time to relax. It would be really good to explore this topic with a therapist  - are you currently seeing a therapist by the way?

What are your plans for the rest of the evening? Is there anything you can do to relax a bit?

Builder

Yeah I am seeing someone on Wednesday. I might give KHL a call. I'm going to watch movies with my family tonight. 

Mod Squad

@mspaceK great to hear your getting connected with some support!

watching movies with family sounds like a great way to de-stress. you know yourself better than anyone else, so make that call if you think its the best thing for you right now.

Star contributor

Sorry i wasnt around before @mspaceK

Sometimes when we SH we dont realise we do it. I use to do it all the time and when it was done id feel pain and realise what id done.

Please make sure you get checked. Having it infected isnt nice made that mistake myself

Im.glad your getting help. Its important that you help yourself

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count